6 nations tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Batt

6 nations tickets

Post by Batt »

hello

wonder if anyone can help me with this.

we applied for 6 nations tickets from our season tickets ages ago. Does anyone know if the draw for tickets has been done yet? and how we would be notified? is it just a quetion of if tickets turn up with have them and if we hear nothing we don't?

thanks
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

The draw won't have been done yet. It's usually only done in the fortnight before the match when the club physically has the tickets to distribute.

You will only find out if you have been successful when the tickets arrive in the post.

In the past, the club has sometimes sent out letters to unlucky entrants telling them that they haven't been successful but this hasn't been done every season and, as there can be many thousands of members applying for these tickets you can probably understand why the club my not have time to send out letters to everyone when the odds are that you will not be successful.

Hope that helps & good luck anyway!
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

Having 4 Tigers members in the family, I don't recall seeing any 6N ticket allocation forms yet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

They were sent out months ago (close to the start of the season as I recall) in one of the Tigers Newsletter things.

You probably threw them away with the newsletter!
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

I hope I can pick up a couple of forms at the A team match tomorrow - Not too late I hope

and hope the shop is open for the first half as well.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Batt

Post by Batt »

thanks Dave. I'll start paying a bit more attention to the post - hopefully I'll get more than just the usual collection of bills!!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

APJones wrote:I hope I can pick up a couple of forms at the A team match tomorrow - Not too late I hope

and hope the shop is open for the first half as well.

Far too late to apply for England tickets now as the deadline has long since passed I'm afraid.

I think the closing date for applications was around November.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Could some one tell us how many, if any, were allocated to the ballot?

I didnt bother to apply this year - I thought that they all went to the, loss making, Tigers hospitality operation!!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Closing date was early December, I got tickets for England v Scotland last year and this year I've got them from SRU because I went to a World Cup warm up match.

Ireland are playing Italy at Croke Park this year and tickets for matches against Italy are normally easier to get and Croke Park holds more than 30,000 more than Lansdowne Road did (or will!! why???? but that's a different thread). Watch the IRFU website.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

I don't know exactly how many Tigers get as their allocation but some of the allocation is skimmed off for use as corporate hospitality via Tigers Events.

However, the bulk goes into the members ballot. From memory I seem to recall that a few hundred tickets go in to the ballot for each game but the exact allocation the club receives varies depending on how many other clubs & schools apply for tickets for each game.

Around 40,000 tickets are allocated between the RFU's member clubs but this includes clubs from the Premiership right down to the lowest levels of the leagues (with varying allocations for each club of course).

The likelihood of anyone being successful in the Tigers ballot is very small, especially for the bigger games (ie all games except Italy, Argentina and Developing nations).
ceecee

Post by ceecee »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to write this (5 pages of 'posts lince my last visit' and this is only on page two!)

I've just idly checked on ticketmaster and they have singles (didn't check for more than 1) Wales v Italy tickets.

Just in case anyone's interested (it's too early in the year for me - still paying off the Christmas excesses)
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Tickets for Wales v Italy won't be hard to come by as that game may not even sell out.

England tickets for Twickenham is a different senario though unfortunately.

I've not been successful with any of my 6N ballot entries this time. (I didn't enter the Tigers ballot so I don't know if that's been done yet).

It will be the first season I've not been able to see at least one mid-season England International since 2000/01! I did get to watch the 2 home RWC-warm up games though & see Danny win his first cap so it's not all bad.
scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by scrambo »

failing that you could keep an eye out on ebay though i bet they will sell for stupid amounts. we've been keeping an eye out but only seen tickets for non twickenham games so far.
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

I refuse to buy from touts and also refuse to pay silly money for tickets that are already at least £50 each face value.

I like to see England play, but not THAT much!

I'll just stick with my £10 ticket for England A v Ireland A this season I think.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

I managed to get England SA tickets yr last Nov from the ballot first time mangaged it!!