Seating???

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Seating???

Post by scrambo »

Ok hubby says for the edf semis they are separating fans, but i hadnt heard of that and he thinks i shouldnt wear my tigers top sunday as we're in the south stand and thinks there wont be any tiger fans in that part. I dont think that'll matter.

But he wants me to check on here (he's just a silly wasps fan)

So please inform us that it doesnt matter where you are in a rugby ground its not like footy. You can sit whereever and wear your top!
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

You can wear whatever rugby shirt you want in whatever part of whatever rugby ground I've ever been to I've never visited the Shed at Kingsholm, mind - I have been told you need to be fairly well hardened to what passes for banter among the more ciderlicious Tractor Boys to hold your own there.

Have to say that a Wasps shirt anywhere is stretching the envelope, though. :smt002
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

Gate wrote:

Have to say that a Wasps shirt anywhere is stretching the envelope, though. :smt002

:smt023

Except possibly Sudbury! :smt080
wellbutthatcouldbe

Post by wellbutthatcouldbe »

Last year it seemed that roughly a corner of the stadium had been allocated to each team, with the North Stand (the two-tiered bit) being for anyone.

It isn't anything that will be enforced like football, just how they've gone about selling the tickets. Probably makes the admin a bit simpler??
scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by scrambo »

heeee. love it! cheers guys.

At least ill stand out from the crowd on telly sunday if im in amongst harlequin supporters though.

Im sure ill find out when i go to the ticket office to pick up the tickets
keef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by keef »

its a fantastic day out! the fans are mixed(were last year anyway) and you can wear whatever shirt you want!....
see you there
The Future's Bright,The Future's Stripey!
keef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by keef »

cant believe you married a wasps fan tho!.... ha ha ha
The Future's Bright,The Future's Stripey!
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

Yeah they seem to sell a part of the ground to each club, then the rest are all on ticketmaster and the like, partially to generate a pocket of atmosphere I think. :smt017
scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by scrambo »

keef wrote:cant believe you married a wasps fan tho!.... ha ha ha
i know i dont half pick em! still florence is leaving but i have plenty of time to try and turn him!
ben_dalloway

Post by ben_dalloway »

I stood in the middle of the shed with my tigers shirt and there was no problems, just light hearted banter.

But then again, they did beat us by about 20 points :)
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Sunday at Quins? Sounds like time for a G&T :smt003
Valhalla I am coming!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Re: Seating???

Post by Dave Angel »

As has been said above, don't worry about segregation as there isn't any at the EDF Semis.

It's just that each lub has been given their own areas to sell so that their fans can be closer to each other. There's certainly no segregation though and thousands of tickets have also been sold without any segregation by Ticketmaster!

You can wear your Tigers colours with pride wherever you end up sitting in the ground!
Jim, the Glaws fan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jim, the Glaws fan »

Gate wrote:You can wear whatever rugby shirt you want in whatever part of whatever rugby ground I've ever been to I've never visited the Shed at Kingsholm, mind - I have been told you need to be fairly well hardened to what passes for banter among the more ciderlicious Tractor Boys to hold your own there.
We welcome everyone in the Shed. We may be loud, but we're friendly! Wear your tigers shirts in confidence!
Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites