Cockerill is only saying what I think we all know

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2564
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Cockerill is only saying what I think we all know

Post by Chobbsy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:34 pm

Cockers is only saying what I think all realists know

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_u ... 169609.stm
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

kornboy130
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4686
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Behind You

Re: He is only saying what I think we all know

Post by kornboy130 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:45 pm

Chobbsy wrote:Cockers is only saying what I think anyone with a GCSE in maths or a slight bit of intuition knows

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_u ... 169609.stm
fixed that for you.

kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1853
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:03 pm
Location: stourbridge

Post by kevf » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:01 pm

so are you saying we should side a weakened team against edinburgh and leinster?

maybe we are all but out but, while their is a slim chance we should fight for it.... no one gave us a chance against munster last year...
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal

westy154
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3563
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:18 am
Location: Nottingham, England

Post by westy154 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:17 pm

We will keep fghting until it is mathematically impossible. Then we'll whinge and complain and somehow convince ourselves that it is Dayglo's fault.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".

kornboy130
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4686
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Behind You

Post by kornboy130 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:14 pm

actually im thinking about the pools lay out - the fact that (practically) 2 of leinster, toulouse and tigers won't go through, and 3 of Clermont, Wasps, Munster and Llanelli won't go through is outrageous.

TTRITH
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2879
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Hoddesdon
Contact:

Post by TTRITH » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:24 pm

Cockers is only saying what I think anyone with a GCSE in maths
I dont have a GCSE in maths, mainly because i dont take it until June, and i can work it out.

We will go out fighting, and then win the double again just to show everybody we're still around :smt003
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100

TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:03 am
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:25 pm

I still have issues with the way we were (not) seeded.

Finish second (hate saying that)last year yet get such an easy group as we have!

We were never goning to have an easy year with world cups, new coaches, new players, injuries, blah, blah, blah.

I would rather try and concentrate on the premiership & building a squad that can play well together and look forwards to meeting Gloucester in teh Premiership final again!
Come on Tigers!!!

mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:12 am
Location: norwich

Cockerill is only saying what I think we all know

Post by mike » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:39 pm

Delighted that he is being reallistic . When I suggested the same thing after the Toulouse defeat the wails of derision from the happy clappy brigade were deafening ! . We should now concentrate our resources on the league - we have a good chance of getting a top 2 spot if we pull our fingers out ,particularly as we won't be hit too hard by England callups - perhaps Kay ,Moody , Chuter - all covered adequately .I still don't think we have the firepower to beat Wasps in the EDF Semi but at least we should get next years HC place sorted with a decent league position .

kornboy130
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4686
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Behind You

Re: Cockerill is only saying what I think we all know

Post by kornboy130 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:54 pm

mike wrote:Delighted that he is being reallistic . When I suggested the same thing after the Toulouse defeat the wails of derision from the happy clappy brigade were deafening ! . We should now concentrate our resources on the league - we have a good chance of getting a top 2 spot if we pull our fingers out ,particularly as we won't be hit too hard by England callups - perhaps Kay ,Moody , Chuter - all covered adequately .I still don't think we have the firepower to beat Wasps in the EDF Semi but at least we should get next years HC place sorted with a decent league position .
maybe you're just part of the mopey dropey brigade?

Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:41 pm

Post by Budster » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:07 pm

Mike said
When I suggested the same thing after the Toulouse defeat the wails of derision from the happy clappy brigade were deafening !

Totally agree. Their like soppy little girls who live in fairy land and can't take the real world, then they keep wheeling out the maddeningly stupid ' keep the faith'.
I see no-one has shouted down Cockerill & Chuter is it because they wear rugby boots for a living so must be worshiped.

TTRITH
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2879
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Hoddesdon
Contact:

Post by TTRITH » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:13 pm

BE OPTIMISTIC!!!!

of course Cockers is gonna say that, he wants to soften the blow, ill be very upset if we dont still go all out for a place in the quaters

Now, we can beat Wasps, we all no that, and have done in the league so far this season. We WILL win the league, We WILL get the double, so in the words of Bill:



Keep The Faith
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100

TTRITH
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2879
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Hoddesdon
Contact:

Post by TTRITH » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Budster wrote:Mike said
When I suggested the same thing after the Toulouse defeat the wails of derision from the happy clappy brigade were deafening !

Totally agree. Their like soppy little girls who live in fairy land and can't take the real world, then they keep wheeling out the maddeningly stupid ' keep the faith'.
I see no-one has shouted down Cockerill & Chuter is it because they wear rugby boots for a living so must be worshiped.
OMG! how is keeping the faith stupid! Excuse us for having faith in our players, how about u have some as well!!!
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100

Nik
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4501
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:59 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Post by Nik » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:43 pm

I hope Loffreda ripped him a new backside for saying that........ if I had purchased tickets for the remainder of the matches I'd be asking for a refund - when a coach shows that he has no faith then :censored: nora what the heck is saying about the team!
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7106
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: NW Leics

Post by dailywaffle » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:08 pm

kevf wrote:so are you saying we should side a weakened team against edinburgh and leinster?

maybe we are all but out but, while their is a slim chance we should fight for it.... no one gave us a chance against munster last year...
I don't think its that clear exactly what our 'weakest' and 'strongest' XV's actually are.

Kayser or Chuter?
White or Castro?
Wentzel or Kay?
Croft or Corry or Crane?
Murphy or Laussucq?
Goode or Burke or Humphreys?
Ollie or Hipkiss?
and so on

Leicester have a far greater chance of making the playoffs in the GP than in the HEC. I personally don't believe that its a case of prioritising one over the other, but if one had to then the GP should now come first.

Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:41 pm

Post by Budster » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:12 pm

Apparently you can lock threads if your bored.
LOCK IT !!!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anz3001, Google [Bot], hugh.st, Jacko27, Mark62, speedski, Wayne Richardson Fan Club and 2 guests