Autumn Internationals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Autumn Internationals

Post by Chobbsy »

Someone asked a few weeks ago about who the oppenents for the Autumn Internationals in November are to be

Pacific Islanders
Australia
South Africa
TBC

One match each Saturday of November
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

That's a bit of a shame if true as it would suggest that the PI game originally pencilled in for this summer has been moved to the Autumn instead (though admittedly it does mean that I will be able to see PI play live which is a good thing).

Also, it suggests that the Twickenham Test against Japan has been dropped. OK, it would have been very one-sided but it would still have been good to have invited Japan to Twickenham for their first ever Test match there.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Let's hope the 4th game isn't against a SANZAR nation, 2 in an autumn is plenty.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

Still think they are games too far but like as ever to uphold tradition.

Give us a winter break from the Premiership to give the competion more validity. Still riles me we lose our best players from supposedly the best league in the N/H for six nations & autumn internationals.

Increase the teams in the premiership but split into two divisions.

The top two from each can take place in the play offs.

Bottom from each goes down! (contraversial) or play off to see who faces the drop.

This will mean less games and allow the internatioanl competetions to carry on with less impact to the Premiership.

I can go on ranting if needed :smt012
Come on Tigers!!!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

When you say that we shouldn't have the AIs, the thing you are forgetting is that they are as much a part of the glogal calendar as England's summer tours!

They are basically the SH's equivalent of the NH's Summer tours to the SH. They happen because they are the reciprocal of our games in Aus/NZ/SA and the IRB won't allow one without the other.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Play against Argentina in the last it would/should be a good test and a good game for the team.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill