corry:- true captain

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bigted

corry:- true captain

Post by bigted »

i think this was brilliant of the guy after goodes gaffs at the kicking tee against sale

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 159035.stm

dayglo wudnt of been so good.
martin johnson for the knighthood!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

i just hope he had a massive go in the changing room, cause thats what Goode needs!
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Well it would be pretty harsh for the captain to blame Goode when it was his decision to kick for the posts in the first place.

I can't help thinking a skipper should have realised his fly-half was having an off-day and opted to try an use his lineout in the corner instead, because that was one aspect that was functioning superbly.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Le Tigre Francais
Tiger Cub

Post by Le Tigre Francais »

Maskedquid is absolutely correct.

When will we find a captain with some savvy as to when is the time to kick and when is the time to put the opposition under pressure.

We also need a captain that does not wait till half time to sort out the number of penalties we are commiting.

There are certain forwards that are a liability in this area, or does cockers still think we are always right its just the ref who has got it wrong.

Lewis used to be the same when he played for England but he seems to be able to control himself more now without losing any of he's aggression.
"Nils desperandum Illegitimi et carburundum"
haven't got a clue

Post by haven't got a clue »

you can't blame 1 person for the defeat against sale.
How many times are we as a side are we going to give away silly penalties. Until someone grabs it by the you no whats we will always be in this situation.

BLAME THE PLAYERS not just 1.

Tigers through and through.
Tigers when they win. Tigers when we lose.

WE ARE BUT SECONDS FROM GREATNESS
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I too have 20/20 vision hindsight!

Had he taken a scrum and the ref awarded a penalty aganst us?

Had we gone for the corner and given away a penalty in the ensuing maul?

Had Goode kicked the penalty and then dropped a gaol???
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

BelperJon wrote:As much as I respect and admire Martin Corry, he needs his derriere kicking for yesterday.

Penalty after penalty was being given away and Monobrow took advantage of it. Cozza needed to grab the team by the proverbials and tell them, in not so many words, to sort out their discipline. He didn't, they didn't ergo we lost.
Very simplistic analysis BJ.

Actaully it was all my fault - I was not at Sale to enable the team to benefit from my advice!!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

TheTigerRoarsInTheHeart wrote:i just hope he had a massive go in the changing room, cause thats what Goode needs!
as far as I can see from what the way you carry on in your negative way it seems that for you the tigers are roaring not in the heart but up the a***, will you please give it a break and stop slating people! thank you.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Tell it as you see it Nik!!!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Lets all calm down a bit. It was a loss and nothing can be done to change it.
Unlike football, we cannot just go out and find replacement players. The position that we are in means that we have to work with the players that are in the squad.

There were9 some poor displays in the Sale game and I am sure that the players do not need to be reminded. I am sure that they will be made to watch the tape back over.

The players that we have all want to play for Leicester and want to win. They appreciate the fans and the support and know that they have to make it up with a good performance on Saturday.

Goode had a disappointing day with the kicking but I am sure that he will bounce back.

Disappointed that we may be, lets be positive and look forward to the future.

Bill - What do you say?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

KEEP THE FAITH!!!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Nik wrote:
TheTigerRoarsInTheHeart wrote:i just hope he had a massive go in the changing room, cause thats what Goode needs!
as far as I can see from what the way you carry on in your negative way it seems that for you the tigers are roaring not in the heart but up the a***, will you please give it a break and stop slating people! thank you.
I apologise, but the way i see it Goode needs to know that his performances have not been to the standerd we expect at Leicester. Part of his problem may be that he hasn't got Paul Burke on the bench breathing down his neck, or he might just lack confidence. All i know is he needs to sort it out soon because i feel that we deserve more from our players then the form he has been giving on his kicking game

I suppose we could always just use another kicker on the field for the goals, but who out of the team that played on Sunday would be able to give us a good return?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tigersroar, I am sure that Goode does not need telling that he had a poor performance. He knows that he had a poor game and always gives his all for Leicester and will want to make a big improvement and eradicate soem of the errors.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

It was not Goode's fault that Tigers gave away so many penalties, 3:1 against. It is the indiscipline that did us not 2 missed kicks.
All the indiscipline came from the forwards and I belive that Cockerill has to take responsibility as forwards coach and Corry for not stamping on it early on match day.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Actually we did not concede a penalty for stampimg!