Goode

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Timnh

Post by Timnh »

Nik wrote:welcome to the forum GT, everyone can have a bad day at the office, that said AG's kicks will normally hit their mark - then we call him a hero.

There are at times AG has his granny's boots on but we're hoping he got a new pair from santa.
Funny you should say that as i saw him after the game and he said he was going to throw them out!

He is a good player, and he knew he had done bad and you guys need to get behind him otherwise it will go downhill.

Also he made that try single handedly and one of his pens hit the post which was incredibly unlucky... and the wind was horrible.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

welcome to the forum timnh, before commenting on my post it may be a good idea if you read the whole thread and the ones on corry also..... I have been the one, with others, defending AG (& Corry) whereby others have been calling for his head on a block, so i think youre comments about AG are justified, however pointing my post out as being critical to AG wasn't.

for those who also doubt AG, what has made me laugh today is that even though Humphs missed all the conversions he, in your eyes did ok as it wasn't Humphs fault it was the wind........ however I'm sure if AG had of been playing I assume your comments would have been far different. :smt017
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

maybe, maybe not....regardless of kicking tho, it was nice to see the ball get spread a bit wider (whether you want to blame that on Goode and/or F Murphy is up to you). Increasingly over the past few weeks we seem to have been committed to attacking a very narrow channel, and we did appear to be deviating from that a bit today. Still more to do, but i reckon it's a positive step.

As for the specifics of Humphs/Goode and Lassucqe (sp?)/Murphy, i reckon if all 4 play well, they'll spur each other on to greater efforts.
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Moose wrote:Increasingly over the past few weeks we seem to have been committed to attacking a very narrow channel, and we did appear to be deviating from that a bit today.
What? Were you watching the same game today? At times we had a 13 man pack and Humph standing out on his own. We lacked width today, mainly because Seru is not a winger and Johne, for the first time in his Tigers career, was a bit anonymous.

I'd give Murphy and Humph a go, but Goodey is still our number one number ten.
Timnh

Post by Timnh »

Nik wrote:welcome to the forum timnh, before commenting on my post it may be a good idea if you read the whole thread and the ones on corry also..... I have been the one, with others, defending AG (& Corry) whereby others have been calling for his head on a block, so i think youre comments about AG are justified, however pointing my post out as being critical to AG wasn't.

for those who also doubt AG, what has made me laugh today is that even though Humphs missed all the conversions he, in your eyes did ok as it wasn't Humphs fault it was the wind........ however I'm sure if AG had of been playing I assume your comments would have been far different. :smt017

Sorry about that, I read the whole thread but by your post was getting bored and started skim reading. I misread the comment on his boots and thought it was an insult, so sorry about that. And thanks for the welcome.

I have to agree with what you say about the wind though. It was horrible. I was there at Edgley Park and It was definatley that, that caused AG to miss so many.

And that obviously IH is not that much better, whatsoever.
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

sammy wrote:
Moose wrote:Increasingly over the past few weeks we seem to have been committed to attacking a very narrow channel, and we did appear to be deviating from that a bit today.
What? Were you watching the same game today? At times we had a 13 man pack and Humph standing out on his own. We lacked width today, mainly because Seru is not a winger and Johne, for the first time in his Tigers career, was a bit anonymous.

I'd give Murphy and Humph a go, but Goodey is still our number one number ten.
Guess i was....but if you notice i use the phrase 'deviating from that a bit' meaning that it happened more than it has in the past. I then added 'Still more to do'. I 100% agree that we got too many players drawn into rucks waaaay too much, but we spread the ball more than we have recently, and when we did we made some good yardage.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

Andy has had a couple of really good games recently, haven't heard much comment about it tho'.

He's been very entertaining !!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Head hunting the Stars
was how Bleddyn Jones reported Goodey's high tackles / yellow cards in consecutive games - BOD and JW. :smt005

Goodey was cheered off and back on after his 10 minute break today!
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

BOD and JW are both shorter than Goody
They might have been high tackles (I know they were, but the commentators said that they were not deliberate and JW did appear to acknowledge that.

the tackles were a bit silly tho' and not neccesary.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The crowds wholeherated applause of Andy off and on again was most heartening!

So I agree - let all you moaning minnies shut up and lets get behind the guy.

And neither tackle was that high - both guys still have their hair on!!

Incidentally Seru took at least three tackles to the throat with a straight arm! Ref chose to ignore them!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007