harry ellis

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Angelica
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Angelica »

My Auntie knows Harry's family & she told me that he was running again and training pretty well, but he will not be back this season.
Half angel half devil, which one's today?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

If not the horses mouth pretty close to it!!!

:smt023
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

jb234 wrote:obviously i need to visit this forum more often!

sorry it was an innocent question.
Don't worry. There was once a whole thread entitled Duplicate Threads. So I immediately started two more with similar titles.

I made me laugh. But I got told off by the mods.

:smt022
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

May I just make a blindingly obvious observation:

If you do not like the title of the thread or it's contents or questions held therin - why not be really unique and not bother to answer it or even not bother to open it?

Some people clearly do not have all day to sit on this watching threads all day or not have the technical knowhow to search etc. and there come on with a perfectly normal question to them.

"The owners" of the forum are up in arms that one has dared to ask this or that again or volunteered an opinion about a player etc. Well I suggest becoming a little less upset and ignore if you are not keen to answer.

Those are my thoughts on the subject...Please feel free to comment .......or not as you prefer!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Harry Ellis has been abducted by aliens and is currently on Mars, awaiting the first rocket from earth containing London Wasps' players so that he can be the first rugby player to play on another planet. He will then return to earth and become a postman in Grimsby, where he will be delivering parcels in a small red van. After 2 months in the van, he will be allowed out on a bike and will delivering letters in the local area.

...well it's more than we've had so far !! :smt017 :smt013 :smt003 :smt022
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Cor. No wonder they are keeping that quiet.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

westwinds31 wrote:Harry Ellis has been abducted by aliens and is currently on Mars, awaiting the first rocket from earth containing London Wasps' players so that he can be the first rugby player to play on another planet. He will then return to earth and become a postman in Grimsby, where he will be delivering parcels in a small red van. After 2 months in the van, he will be allowed out on a bike and will delivering letters in the local area.

...well it's more than we've had so far !! :smt017 :smt013 :smt003 :smt022
Have the club told Tigerbeat this? Does it mean that we can all now breathe?

:smt012 :smt012 :smt012 :smt012
Last edited by Bill W on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

No inter gallactic connection recieved!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

:smt090
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Getting back to earth, and assuming Harry has escaped the aliens from Mars!! :smt003 :smt003

Its disappointing it is taking so long for Harry to be fit and ready to play again, especially as some thought he might be ready in January?

I understand there were complications over his operation, that these things take time to heal, but how come it has taken so long?

Must Tigers be quite concerned now about the amount of time it is taking for Harry to be fit?

And also there may well be the concern with both the club and Harry himself that having missed so long, who knows what could happen again? Michael Owen has had a number of injures in footie, and Tigers don't want that sort of thing to happen regarding Harry.

Originally, I was critical of the club's handling of Harry leading up to his injury. I hope lessons have been learnt.

I feel really sorry for Harry that he is having to wait so long to play again.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

simon redshaw wrote:Originally, I was critical of the club's handling of Harry leading up to his injury....
Now you mention it Simon, I do vaguely recall a 'lively' discussion at the time. :smt002
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The predictions of Harry returning in January were at the time (as I think I posted in the "lively" discussions) niave at best at in any event extremely optimistic. Unfortunatle some on this forum sought to promulgate them albeit that the club did not give any further credence to them.

Peter Wheeler did indicate that the likely prognosis would be he would not play again this season.

One can be critical of the club for not issueing regular updates.

One can also be critical of posters on this forum who fly in the face of available data and reiterate out of date "official" information as if it were g*d given fact.

Westwinds post has as much credence as most postings on the subject of Harry's injury, operation, and post operative recovery.

Whilst he may not be travelling to Mars, the USA is a distinct possibility.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I understand what you mean about the predictions for January and I was thinking the same sort of thing, Bill.

So, I hope that I haven't been guilty of promulgating the January predictions and I apologise If I have. I would like to say though that I did get that impression from a very knowledgeable source. Not that you are any less knowledgeable.

Sorry, I haven't seen Peter Wheeler's prognosis on Harry.

Sorry, If I have been guilty of the third point.

Bill, It's o.k., I wasn't trying to make light of Westwinds post earlier. Infact, I found it amusing, in a nice way, and was trying to express that. Sorry, If it came out wrong.

I heard Harry might be travelling to the USA. I think the problem is there has been such a limited amount of firm info that some people will guess. All I am trying to say before, is its been disappointing the amount of recovery time it has taken. I guess there are reasons we aren't privy to.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Dailywaffle wrote:

Now you mention it, I do recall a "lively" discusssion at the time. :smt002

Good point, Steve. :smt001 I know I was!! :smt001

I do recall, If memory serves me right, at least one other poster, being pretty critical at the time, but not yourself. I think in hindsight things may have been handled differently all round. But hindsight is always one of those things when people know better.

Not connected, but I have tried to put a defence, on the unoffy to those that have criticised you about you supporting the play-offs. I think one or two are a bit strong in their reaction to you.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

What "unoffy"? Is there such a thing? :smt036 :yawinkle:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother