Mauger

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Mauger

Post by Darc Tiger »

How do ppl think about him afte the first game.

personally wasnt his best show i must say, but thrown into that game on his first appearance, im not fussed.

Showed a little magc when he fended 2 players then offloaded.

More to come from him i think and nice to see a kicking 12 hu can support goode.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Looked out of his depth a little. Well not out of his depth exactly, but not a great début. His relationship with those around him obviously wasn't there, but that will clearly come in time.

And he didn't exactly do anything wrong, he was just a little, anonymous.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

I think that he gave Goode a bit of confidence as did Gibson.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Stuart A
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Stuart A »

Fully agree with the first two posts.

Very early days to make a judgment yet and I think he was hampered by an injury as well.

To be honest I was suprised he was picked for today given the importance of it. I realise he is a "profesional" and should in theory be able to handle the pressure but he looked a bit off the pace. Indeed the balance of the side looked better when Seru came on and Ollie went to centre.

I'm sure it will come right but I suspect it will take several more games before we see his true capability. Anyway good luck Aaron and welcome to the Tigers!
Tigers; Number One Club Side in the World
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

No, you can't take any sort of judgement out of today's game. In truth it was probably too early to throw him into such a massive game. Give him a few weeks, and we will start to see the real Mr Mauger.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

We always said it would take time to see him at his best. Factor in that he hasn't played since the World Cup, has ben with the club little more than a week and that the gameplan, in all honesty, was for 10 man rugby and it becomes impossible to judge. You watch though when he gets to 100%.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

How many times did he actually touch the ball? I recall one break but it's difficult for a No.12 when the game plan is to kick it all the time. I'm not saying the plan was wrong, I think it was spot on in the conditions, just don't judge Mauger on today.
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

I think it would be interesting to see his tackle count for the first half! I think he was busy, and the intention was always for him to be subbed. Couple of nice kicks, a couple he won't want to remember!
Considering that the game plan was to go to the sky from 10, and Toulouse do really have a tasty set of backs who kindly forward pass, I think the man did okay. Welcome Mr Mauger.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

After the game he said that it was not his best as he was just getting used to playing with his new team mates. There is more to come from Aaron.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Some game time, a reasonable run out and a chance to get used to his team mates...perfect.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Look inteligent, Defended well, lovely show go and fend to nbeat two players roll on the dry confitions
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

He'll be fine once his giro resets itself!!
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
SkippyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SkippyTiger »

What most impressed me was that he wasn't afraid to do the dirty work, hitting rucks and clearing out when required,making his tackles and showing the odd flash of brilliance. More to come I feel :smt003
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Lets hope he only needs another week and he is all set for next week. A bit optimistic I know but having come back from Australia last week and still feeling effects of jet lag and change in weather, I believe he will improve rapidly.
Jez

Only Winners Win!