Join the Boycott

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GeddingtonTiger

Join the Boycott

Post by GeddingtonTiger »

Due to a recent surge in threads that repeat themselves I have to decided start a new thread.

Please boycott any thread about Dayglo retiring(or not as the case is), Ellis's in injury(until there is any real news), JMH(enough said), when Arron Mauger is coming, Tigers chant(unless anyone has any real suggestion), rugby players being "arrested" for very tedious things(like God forbid, shouting), letters to Marcelo saying blar, blar, blar and anything to do with Ben Cohen coming to Tigers.

Stand strong and join.

Any other boycott ideas are welcomed.

I expect this thread to get locked since its not rugby related.

Also please read other threads before starting a new thread that repeats a previous thread that you were to lazy to find.

One final thing to finish off my rant for the month, please stop using texting abriviation such as IMHO because I alway forget what they mean and have to look it up in Google.
Is offended that he is a senior member.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

IMHO (LOL)and AFAIK (ROFL) any attempt to boycott threads (unless enabled by our dearly beloved moderators (who would never allow such an attack of FOS (you may not have met that one before - Freedom of Speech)) (note double brackets there)being awake at all hours of the day and night (GAL - that asks too much)in order to operate the lock key, will not work, because some :censored: (wrong - bright spark!) will always respond!!

TTFYAILM

ROFLMAO

abr
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

btw under your own rules you are not allowed to rant again until January!! Any future rants in december will be boycotted!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

KEEP THE FAITH!!
GeddingtonTiger

Post by GeddingtonTiger »

I was expecting you to use abbreviations just to annoy me. I can't remember if I had a rant in November so I might save that one for Christmas, I certainly know I did one in October because I got told off. :smt022
Is offended that he is a senior member.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

No, no!!! Moderators only tell you off by PM (Private Message)! Publicly they merely profer advice. 'Cos they are nice and warm and cuddly people!!

It being the season of good will and all that you should be allowed to have one more rant before Dec 31st!!

But don't you go encouraging the boycotting of my posts!! Otherwise you may get a KS.

Good game (that likely will get thousands on here saying we are purile, stupid, taking up bandwith and we are on the wrong forum!!

However (making it RR (Rugby Related)) (double brackets again) no more so than those players now in trouble with the law!! Oh Whoops!! You are boycotting that subject.

Awaits slapped wrists!!

DIC

:smt010 :smt010 :smt010
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Blimey GT, wouldn't be much of a forum left!

As a serial abbreviator, and in self-defence, can I point out that there are really only a handful of abbreviations that are used. However, these same abbreviations are used so often on so many sites that you really do need to know them ..... evolving language and all that. The main forum 'offenders' being:

IMO (and variations) - in my opinion
IIRC - if I remember/recall correctly
AFAIK - as far as I know
HTH - hope that helps

Only Bill uses LOL, ROFLMAO, OBNC and HMMOG. :smt002

Once you've got those, you're sorted. Any others?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Why the boycott?

There is no harm in having threads about Harry Ellis and Aaaron Mauger. It is just the fact that there are several threads on the same subject being used at the same time.

If people could take a moment to search for a subject to see if i is being covered, repeat threads will be significantly reduced.

Boycotting the forums serves no purpose, but that is your choice.

Al we ask is that people look through previous threads to see if it is current and also the editor of the first post to make the subject heading a bit clearer so as people recognise the real content of the thread.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

dailywaffle wrote:Blimey GT, wouldn't be much of a forum left!
Beat me to it...

I only use LOL when I have actually Laughed Out Loud. I have never used ROFL as I have never been so consumed by mirth and merriment that I have had cause to roll around on the floor. And as my derriere has never fallen off my body, LMAO has never been used either.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
cooke-1
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cooke-1 »

mate you have no right to tell us what to say
anyway cohen is now at brive and mauger has arrived and fit so those threads are over
Others and myself enjoy speculation on hernandez
This stupid thread should simpy get deleted...any chance of that moderators!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

All that is being asked is that people take a moment to see if a topic is already being discussed.

Belperjon was not telling you what to say, merely suggesting.

This thread is now locked.