What has happened to Julian White?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

abc wales

What has happened to Julian White?

Post by abc wales »

Why wasn't he playing this weekend? I haven't heard that he's injured and he certainly didn't look injured working on his farm this week so why isn't he being named in the squad.

Is it just me or has he lost a LOT of form this season???
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Julian White

Post by jack »

I dont KNOW, but maybe time is catching up on an illustrious career. It seemed that Julian really took exception to the possibility/probability that he would spend a lot of time warming the bench for the England World Cup matches while a technically inferior player was named as captain and would therefore occupy his position.
Maybe that demotivated him.
Or perhaps he is just enjoying the farm more and more.....
Any views???
Tigers - true Champions!
PMTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PMTiger »

GIVE THE GUY A BREAK, A WEEK OFF BEFORE HE FRONTS UP AGAINST SALE AND TOULOUSE OVER THE NEXT THREE WEEKS IS JUST WHAT WAS NEEDED.
enjoy life to the full, it is not a practice run.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Julian

Post by jack »

I'm not knocking the guy, he's one of my favourites. However well merited a rest is I think there is some validity in some of what I said.
If Julian is fit and able I'd love to see him anchor that scrum for the rest of the season, giving one or two opponents a miserable time.
However, like us all he may be getting older, he may have been demotivated by Ashtons antics and it is pretty certain that he loves his farm.
Julian you do what you wish. Tigers fans appreciate you.
Tigers - true Champions!
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

We r misisng Rowntrees scrum training. Look what a gd job he has done wiht us and then Englan in WC. withoiut him we have gone backwards.

White does look a bit off the pace but I cant believe its cos of the WC it was his choice and i think they tried hard to keep him

I think he is also not training as hard sa he was for Tigers he has a more flexible arrangement.

I guess he wil retire end of theis yr or next
CanadianTiger

Julian White - Ace Prop

Post by CanadianTiger »

Not sure how seeing someone working on a farm indicates fitness for a rugby match - nor would I dream of commenting on someone choosing to watch a chap working on a farm. I suspect that the coaching staff have a pretty good handle on who is and who is not fit to make the 15 on any given occassion. Could not agree more about the choice of England Captain though. How England got to the WC Final under that bloke is a mystery. But then maybe that is why no one will pay me to play/coach rugby.
tigermilo

Post by tigermilo »

I'm with you mate, Vickery is from the school of cliche and bluster, raging bull my a##e!

And I agreed with your comment about the coaches, I just wish I cold get paid to do it! Canada to Leicester that's a long long way!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Julian White

Post by voice of the crumbie »

For a lot of the time Cozza was the captain. That tells it's own story !!!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Why do people complain about a player and where he has been after he has missed one or two games.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE GIVE THE GUYS A BIT OF RESTING TIME!!
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill