No Team Yet?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

Good to see TV back. Not sure on Danny at 12 but maybe he will play the "stand-in-the-tackle-off-load" pivot for Ollie and the back 3? Crane at 8 is the right choice after last Saturday's debacle. Wentzle provides more pace in the 2nd row as well as enough grunt to make the front 5 no push-over. Castro in place of White, a no-brainer really. As in a previous post 9/10 had better give quicker/direction on the play otherwise the fat lady will be singing the end of the Tigers HC attempt.
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

like the team, especially Wentzel being back - but as others have mentioned, it does show that we do not have a class, natural number 12 in the squad and available at the mo !!
I cant remember a side winning anything without a top performer in this key position.
Danny is great - but very much a 13 ( the nickname crowbar is a giveaway as to why 12 may not suit him )
Seru - nowhere near a 12 in terms of running from standing starts and positional awareness, but a great winger
Sam - probably the best and most solid that we have in terms of reliability in this position, but more a fullback
Mauger - not here yet.

I do look forward to seeing how Dan performs tomorrow however, and I hope that he rams those words down my throat!!!!

This is the biggest problem we have squad wise at the moment IMHO

But - lets get behind the boys tomorrow - a win is a must and a bonus would be better....
Less is more....
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

good point about Vesty at 12 - that would have been well worth considering allowing Danny to move out to 13 - Shame for Ollie but he may have to get used to it until the intyerationals come round again when Hipkiss must be involved
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I thought Crane didn't have a great game against Leinster and was surprised to not see corry revert to 8.

Frank Murphy is on my last warning.

Thought Rabeni was poor, so although he is out through injury, don't think it is a bad thing. He'll be back and it is a good to see Danny H in the side.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

I still think the Moody, Abraham, Corry combination would be our best. I like to see us play with breakaway flankers rather than a blindside lump.

Moody & Jennings or Moody & Back - great combinations.

Corry & Moody or Louis Deacon & Moody (!!) ... not so great.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Tomorrow's team

Post by voice of the crumbie »

IMHO Murphy's only in at 9 because Youngs is not experienced enough to start in a must win game. With Harry and Scott out long term and Laussucq injured there was only a choice of 2.

As for 10 I only hope Marcello has instilled some creativty into Goode. Although in such a short time I wonder.

Agree backline looks more balanced with pace on 1 wing and power on the other.

Dannny Hipkiss will be fine at 12 if he gets decent service from Goode.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I wouldn't worry about Dan Hipkiss.

He can cope with whatever Goode throws at him.

Literally!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Kinoulton wrote:I wouldn't worry about Dan Hipkiss.

He can cope with whatever Goode throws at him.

Literally!
throw being the operative word
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
GaryIPA
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by GaryIPA »

Former Prop wrote:Didn't make it then, Kuzza ?

http://www.leicestertigers.com/29_10572.php
looks weak.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

And here's me thinking that under Marcelo it would be the start of a new era. And what does he go and do pick Goode, F Murphy and Ollie. We have Fejoo and Youngs as alternative SH so they cannot use the excuse that we are short of SH. I know Youngs is young but surely he wouldn't play any worse than Murphy. Also I would have started with Burke or Humphreys with one or the other on the bench. And before anybody says I am criticising and not a true supporter blah, blah,blah I really thought Loffreda would have changed things round a bit more fresh start and all that. I would like Croft to have played. If he isn't given much game time this season then he will be off IMO and that will be another talent lost.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Totally agree with the general reservations about the back row. IMHO Cozza is our best number 8 and carries better than Jordan (at the mo). I would have Jordan on the bench with Abraham or Tom Croft at 6. Can't understand whay Croft doesn't play more - he should be on the bench at least as he provides great cover for the second and back rows.

Or even Ben Herring but I haven't seen him play yet - any good?
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

g wrote:before anybody says I am criticising and not a true supporter blah, blah,blah
I'm not saying you're not a true supporter blah, blah, blah; but I am saying you're criticising , blah, blah, blah. I have to say respect for being able to maintain such a consistently gloomy outlook. Particularly impressive how a good-looking team (even if you have reservations about the half-back pairing) can be turned effortlessly into Croft leaving for lack of game time. That glass isn't even half empty - it is in fact not a glass, but a really skanky stained and cracked melamine mug, with cold tea in it with that nasty film you get on the top. And not even half full either. :smt002

Mind you, if we don't get the bonus point tomorrow, I'll be drinking the dregs from that very mug.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Does every thread have to descend into this 'true fan' argument? God, we are all true fans - if we saw everything the same then this would be a :censored: forum wouldn't it?

Rant over.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

POSTIGER wrote:Does every thread have to descend into this 'true fan' argument? God, we are all true fans - if we saw everything the same then this would be a :censored: forum wouldn't it?

Rant over.
I have to agree, I get fed up when I get slatted after I voice my opinion, I thought forum met to openly discuss?
Just because I don't agree with every selection does not make a heretic and non tiger believer
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

It hasn't descended into this "true fan" argument. I see a post asking not to be called other than a true fan, and a post acceding to that request. :smt002

Mind you, anyone who can't take being forcefully disagreed with is probably in the wrong place if posting on here.

About Herring: I think the jury is still out - I haven't seen much of him, and what I saw was promising, but he hasn't really delivered on those "next Neil Back" hopes, and I prefer Luke at present. Maybe we (I) have just been expecting too much of him?