Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Whilst remaining intigued how he is going to get it down to 32
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Also be interesting to see the rules for dropping a player from the 32 when drops out of favour or long term injured and the rules for appointing a new one.

Presumably Randrew can have a player in his 32 then not play him all year which seems a bit odd.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Hope for Dayglo then!!!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 872665.ece

That's Wasps and Bath out of the premiership then!!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Bill are these posts as a result of a very late night or are you a very early riser?
Last edited by Jeremy Anderson on Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

"The Premiership clubs have agreed that, by 2012, each must occupy a stadium with a minimum capacity of 15,000, which emphasises the drive they will be bringing to domestic competitions"
So, Coventry Wasps it is! As if we didn't hate them enough, it will now be a Midlands Derby! Possibly... :smt002
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

My main concern in the issue of release of top players for England games and rest periods is that we as fans will see much less of those players during the season. You're looking at at least a third of a season when those players won't be available for the clubs.

Its all very well having the compensation from the RFU and having those players fit and rested for England, but the clubs who supply players for England will lose quite a few bums on seats during those times and also money and we as fans will lose out too. I guess though some sacrifice had to be made on our and the clubs part.

Regarding the 15000 capacity, I don't see how the RFU can realistically suddenly eject say 3 clubs from the GP and not have anyone to replace them. That would seriously devalue the competition. I would think it would be more of a financial penalty. Much as we might like to see Wasps, Bath demoted, :smt002 :smt002, it ain't going to happen!! IMO!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

From today's PRL statement:

In return, the RFU has agreed to pay PRL clubs £102 million over the course of the agreement plus a share of the net revenues from a fourth Autumn International every other year which should take the total RFU payment for PRL Clubs to around £110m over the period of the agreement. Clubs will only receive payment under the Agreement by having players in one or more of the 3 EPS squads and/or through compensation payments under the EQP scheme and/or by running an RFU licensed Academy.

As part of the Agreement, PRL shall be solely responsible for negotiating the sale of their own TV, media & Sponsorship rights and giving directions to ERC in respect of England's position on the sale of the TV, media and sponsorship rights related to the European Rugby Cup and European Challenge Cup.

More here.....

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/2...0a1ae06eb9ea24
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

As players have to be released 14 days before an international could we see an icrease in Friday night games to try to get around it?

Seems the RFU and PRL win, but the fans lose out. A great result! :rolleyes:
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Hope not!! It would be rubbish for long distance travellers to games like myself.

Still, if the worse came to the worse, I'd have to record some Tigers games whilst then going over to the Stoop for some live action the next day!! :smt002

I would think Dave Angel will know more about this and whether we as punters would be affected.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

I don't think it would mean more games being played on Friday nights as the agreement says that players will be released to England 13 or 14 days before the start of the Internationals.

That means that players will be able to play for their clubs on the weekend, be released to England the day after (be it the Sunday or the Monday), will then miss their club game the weekend after and then play for England the week after that.

Therefore players will only miss one club game before each International window as the 13/14 day period will begin after the match a fortnight before the International.

Two weeks preparation is not the same as two weekends & the new agreement is for 2 weeks prep.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Bill W wrote:
Visiting SH tour with Baa Baas conclusion every four years.

No (major) Autumn Internationals other than as above every four years.
See there's your problem Bill. Why you think thats straightforward is beyond me. South Africa New Zealand and Australia would agree to this why? Why would they be happy with a Northern Hemisphere tour each once every twelve years each?? Why would they be happy with England getting twice as much game time in the Southern Hemisphere as they are getting in the North? You really haven't thought this through have you?