Six Nations Tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

toriya

Six Nations Tickets

Post by toriya »

Has anyone got tickets for the Six Nations through the Tigers Draw?

Is there any other way of getting tickets for an England game?

I really would like to go and watch a match this season.
Limey1966

Post by Limey1966 »

I became a member at a National One club and always managed to get tickets for one of the games in the 6 nations and one of the Autumn internationals. Chances of getting a ticket through Tigers slim to none (unless you buy a hospitality package).
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

International Tickets

Post by jack »

I had some Canada tickets a couple of yearts ago, I think through the Tigers. Mind you there were not too many wanting them!
Have applied for tickets thro Tigers but it seemed a waste of time - the cheques just come back!
Have usually been luck through the little W.Midland club I used to play for, but the chap who did the job for years packed up this year - anew guy took over and guess what... None!
So it back to square one. Although nI have always enjoyed going it often seems thst some real prats go to Twickenham, with no manners and probably no sense. I shant miss them. you know the sort they only go to one match a year (?) know everything and cant repect the opponent anthem or the kickers. Most of the match they are on their mobile phones telling their beloveds where they are of telling some idiot friend their opinions of the action.
Yes, I shall miss Twickenham this year! Maybe next year if the new guy knows who I am!!
Tigers - true Champions!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Re: Six Nations Tickets

Post by Dave Angel »

toriya wrote:Has anyone got tickets for the Six Nations through the Tigers Draw?

Is there any other way of getting tickets for an England game?

I really would like to go and watch a match this season.

I've been successful via the Tigers draws in the past for 6N & AI games. (A pair each for Italy & Scotland in the 6N and & South Africa in the AIs but that's all I've had from Tigers in the last 8 or so seasons!)

It really is the luck of the draw as Tigers don't get many pairs of tickets and all 13,000 ST holders can potentially be applying for a pair of tickets for every game so the odds are stacked massively against you. Tigers only get a couple of hundred pairs of tickets at most for each game as I recall & some of those are diverted away to Tigers Events hospitality packages before the ST holders get a look in.

You will be far more likely to get tickets by joining a local club & entering their ballots. I have had much more success in getting England tickets via those channels in the last few years.

As there are only 2 England Internationals at Twickenham (unlike the usual 5 or 6) this year more people will be trying to get tickets for each game and so they will be in even shorters supply than usual.

Good luck in getting some via Tigers but I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you.

Also, Tigers only notify draw winners in the last couple of weeks before the game so you won't know if you are successful for some time yet.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The RFU does not want you to attend International Matches at Twickers unless you participate in Corporate Hospitality and pay £much for a mediocre lunch or £megamuch for a decent lunch!!!

Happily I am sometimes involved in such frivolities - at others expense!!

That is the way it is.
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

Join England Supporters Club - I think its £25 per year. Between that and Tigers I manage to get tickets for every International I want to go to (maybe I was just born lucky :smt002 )
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Bill W wrote:The RFU does not want you to attend International Matches at Twickers unless you participate in Corporate Hospitality and pay £much for a mediocre lunch or £megamuch for a decent lunch!!!

Not true Bill.
Of the 78,348 tickets that were available for the 2006/7 Six Nations (the latest available match breakdowns), the most tickets that went to "commercial" use was 7,047 (for the France game).

Of that 7,047, 1502 went to sponsors, 82 went to directors for business, 61 went to TV/press & 5,402 were used for "Twickenham experience" packages. That's less than 7% of the total!

The full breakdown for the ticket allocation for the France game was as follows:

Member Clubs 40358 51.5%
Debenture holders 14377 18.4%
Constituent Bodies 2310 2.9%
Schools 3273 4.2%
Council etc 744 0.9%
Team & management 312 0.4%
Past internationals 669 0.9%
Staff, RRDOs & RUSLOs 892 1.1%
Referee societies 551 0.7%
ERSC 0 0.0%
Visiting Union 6298 8.0%
Sub Total 69784 89.1%

COMMERCIAL ALLOCATION
Sponsors & commercial 1502 1.9%
Directors for business 82 0.1%
Twickenham Experience 5402 6.9%
TV & press 61 0.1%
Total commercial 7047 9.0%

MISCELLANEOUS
Public sales 0 0.0%
Stewards 267 0.3%
Disabled 506 0.6%
Local Residents 151 0.2%
Restricted View/First Aid 372 0.5%
Sundries(on day services etc)221 0.3%
Comps 0 0.0%
Total Miscellaneous 1517 1.9%

TOTAL 78348 100.00%

It would be interesting to see how the RFU's "hospitality" percentage compares to that of Leicester's percentage for their biggest games. It wouldn't surprise me if Tigers have a similar percentage of tickets used for hospitality/sponsors for games like the HC QFs!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I suppose to a degree a matter of definition Dave.

How many of the 40000 odd tickets allocated to member clubs actually result in a hospitality package (like Tigers Events?). Similarly when I buy my daughter lunch and she comes to Tigers with me am I not being hospitable?
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Bill W wrote:Similarly when I buy my daughter lunch and she comes to Tigers with me am I not being hospitable?
Hot dog (with onions) - classing that as lunch Bill? Like your style... :smt002 :smt023
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Well if that's what she wants!!!!

Seriously though, like many of the events around Twickenham they do not take place in the ground. If its lunch before the game its the MaA, if dinner afterwards its ZIZZI's!!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

OK, two points here Bill.

1. Tigers Events (and similar) packages are not RFU-controlled. Your original point was that
"The RFU does not want you to attend International Matches at Twickers unless you participate in Corporate Hospitality and pay £much for a mediocre lunch or £megamuch for a decent lunch!!!"
The RFU has no say in whether or not member clubs choose to use their allocated tickets in that way or not. Surely the complaints at tickets being used in that way should be dirfected at the clubs concerned rather than the RFU!

2. Even then, the percentage of member club tickets used for corporate hositality will be tiny. Few clubs (and almost certainly none outside of the Premiership) operate such hospitality packages so the percentage will be minute.

As for your last question Bill, that is not the point. Tigers will probably sell more than 7% of WR's tickets for big games via official hospitality packages. Don't forget that they sometimes have to rent out space at the Walkers for big game hospitality as there is not enough room in the Leicestershire Room, Barbarians Room, Underwoods, Deanos (or whatever it is now), European Suite etc...

But do you complain at that? Of course not, as you only ever seem to highlight it when the RFU are the ones doing it and even then you make it out to be worse than it is!

I picked the worst offending match from the 06/07 6N. Had I gone for the Italy game, the numbers of hospitality tickets were under 2,000 even though there were still 78,348 tickets used (only around 2%)
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I have no problems with Corporate Hospitality or any other kind either at Tigers or at Twickers. You pays your maney and your take your chance. I stopped using Tigers "hospitality" at WR when the price of lunch in the ABC lounge went up from £25 to £110. The only Internationals I have been to recently at Twickers have been courtesy of Coporate Hospitality (what it is to have an inflential wife and an influential daughter!!).

btw I am taking my sister to the Leeds game. Car park spot, two good tickets and lunch for us both in the "Executive suite". Cost £100 for both of us. Is that Corporate Hospitality? It says it is on the tickets but it is likely less costly than when I take my daughter to Zizzi's (if you include my season tickets prices and that for my car park spot)

Walk through the West Stand Car Park (or any of the others) at Twickers - don't see too many pushbikes or clapped out mondeos!!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Walk through the West Stand Car Park (or any of the others) at Twickers - don't see too many pushbikes or clapped out mondeos!!

True, but the West Carpark is not exclusively for Corporate Hospitality parking. You don't see many clapped out mondeos in the Tigers carpark either & the only reason you'll see bikes around there is because the bike store is in the Next Stand.

You still seem to be avoiding the fact that iun your initial post you claimed that
The RFU does not want you to attend International Matches at Twickers unless you participate in Corporate Hospitality and pay £much for a mediocre lunch or £megamuch for a decent lunch!!!
I have provided strong evidence to disprove your claim. Are you actually able to admit that your statement was incorrect or are you going to try to worm your way out of it again?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I see that you are once again resorting to personal abuse to support you tenuous argument.

I repeat, IMHO, the RFU do not want "ordinary fans" to attend internationals prefering customers who will spend more money. I cite in evidence firstly the prices, secondly the poor facilities and thirdly the difficulty "ordinary fans" have in getting tickets.

Since this a firmly held belief I am at a loss to comprehend why you would think I would wish to "worm my way out of it".
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

So yes, you do want to worm your way out of admitting you were wrong then! (Firmly held beiefs can still be incorrect or inaccurate beliefs Bill).

Less than 7% of the people attending the 6 Nations games attend as part of an RFU hospitality package, with the vast majority of the remaining 93% being fans who obtained their tickets through clubs or schools.

That goes against your initial claim that

You are however welcome to your incorrect beliefs.