Breakfast at Tiffanys? Arriving in Dublin early Saturday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Breakfast at Tiffanys? Arriving in Dublin early Saturday

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Me and the missus are flying from East Midlands on the 6:35 flight on Saturday morning, then taking the airport bus into central Dublin and will be arriving some time not long after 8 (hopefully).

Having set off from home at around 3:30, we are going to be ready to murder a decent full Irish Breakfast. We would appreciate any suggestions as to where?
Waggy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Waggy »

Hiya mate, i've always used this place. It does a very good irsih breakfast, and open fire to keep you warm. after all it always rains and is cold :smt001

Gallagher's Boxty house, 9 Temple Bar, 2, +353 (1) 677 2762
This café-restaurant elevates the simple Irish potato cake (Boxty) of the pauper's breakfast to gourmet heights, adding frills and developing elaborate, exciting recipes around it.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

CT, don't know if you're acquainted with Dublin but if you are you could try Keogh's on Trinity St. Trinity St links Suffolk St with Dame St. Suffolk St merges with the bottom of Grafton St. Take the 2nd turn right on Suffolk St to find Trinity St. Keogh's do a really nice breakfast and are always busy.

Alternatively, you stop the bus at either of the following 2 places, Brams in Fairview or Let's Eat on the North Stand Rd. Brams is just off the bottom of the Malahide Rd where it meets Fairview Park. Their breakfasts are always filling. Brams is about 20 mins walk from the R.Liffey.

Let's Eat is on the North Strand Rd just short of the Grand Canal. It is 10 mins by foot from there to the R.Liffey just below O'Connell Bridge. Let's Eat, in particular, do a wonderful breakfast. Their French Toast is especially nice.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

ANy of the Dublin experts know a good Thai restaurant in Temple bar area for sat night dinner. From my last visit for a Leinster game, I know to book up in advance so a tel. no. would be appreciated.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Jeremy, you could try the Siam Thai restaurant on St. Andrew's Street which is just on the cusp of Temple Bar. www.siamthai.ie/ ph: 0035316773363
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Not sure where full Irish breaky's are as I'm a veggie - but here's a couple of links

www.dublinpubs.ie

www.dublin.ie

Hope you all have a great time wherever you end up!!
:partyman:
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Thank you all for the suggestions :smt001. I can feel myself getting hungry already :smt016 .
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

JohnB wrote:Jeremy, you could try the Siam Thai restaurant on St. Andrew's Street which is just on the cusp of Temple Bar. www.siamthai.ie/ ph: 0035316773363
Thnaks booked a table for Sun night as after our game then watching Edinburgh vs Toulouse followed by Insects vs Munster, we will have been drinking Guiness for over 12 hours and I feel Sat night we may not need to much to eat!
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Leinster supporter

Post by Leinster supporter »

When you get the bus in from the airport it will bring you down O' Connell street. The Kingfisher which is opposite Jurys hotel in Parnell Street does an excellent fry up and from there it'e easy to get to the RDS or anywhere else you want to go.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Breakfast at Tiffanys? Arriving in Dublin early Saturday

Post by Tigerbob »

Cagey Tiger wrote:Me and the missus are flying from East Midlands on the 6:35 flight on Saturday morning, then taking the airport bus into central Dublin and will be arriving some time not long after 8 (hopefully).

Having set off from home at around 3:30, we are going to be ready to murder a decent full Irish Breakfast. We would appreciate any suggestions as to where?
Our party of 4 will be on the same flight, and are going to use the same bus service as you.

I don't suppose you'll be stopping at Bewleys as well?
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Cagey Tiger wrote:Thank you all for the suggestions :smt001. I can feel myself getting hungry already :smt016 .
And thirsty? :drinkers: :smt002

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Breakfast at Tiffanys? Arriving in Dublin early Saturday

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Tigerbob wrote: Our party of 4 will be on the same flight, and are going to use the same bus service as you.

I don't suppose you'll be stopping at Bewleys as well?
Bewleys? Might do but as it has not been mentioned before, could you give me some info? :smt023
Tiger Eye wrote: And thirsty? :drinkers: :smt002
Not too much, going back home on Saturday night and I will be the driver :smt022 . Plus (sacrilege I know ) I don't like Guiness.
Leinster supporter wrote: When you get the bus in from the airport it will bring you down O' Connell street. The Kingfisher which is opposite Jurys hotel in Parnell Street does an excellent fry up and from there it'e easy to get to the RDS or anywhere else you want to go.
Thanks for this. We came over for the HEC quarter final against you at Lansdowne Road and stayed next to the Kingfisher, but I could not remember it's name. We had breakfast there on the Sunday.

Thank you all again. We are getting spoilt for choice. Might have to go on a Breakfast crawl to compare all of them. :smt003
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

I don't like guinness either. Gave it up years ago because I could drink 10 pints of it - not good for a woman that! don't touch it now!

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Tried Guinness Red????