Good Win Lads!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I agree 100% daily. Which is my point at the line out!! None of the three were standing in line!!

Yes forward passes are notoriously difficult. The dynamics are fascinating. However the guideline has to be where was the receiving player in relative motion to the passing player - if he was behind him and did not reach forward the pass was OK. If he was in front of him the pass was forward. Level with him - likely it was forward!!
Duggan

Post by Duggan »

Only a matter of time before we gave someone a good hiding. Very good second half despite of the officials. Not one for slagging them off usually but I thought they were poor yesterday.Tough job though.
Leicester, born, bred and proud of it.
Starburst
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starburst »

I thought it was an outstanding display by the tigers. The Cardiff pack performed better than i expected at scrum and lineout, especially in the first half.

Our backline though didn't give theirs any space what so ever and managed to keep Thomas and Shanklin very quiet.

then in the second half we were simply awesome.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I didn't think the ref was that bad! He (Just like most in fact) hasn't got a ruddy clue what happens in the front row! Remember Glos? The dark arts rule!

As for Dan's try. A bit of the Pat Howard legacy? I think I've seen that one before, in Tigers and Baa Baa's colours!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

You are a generous man Big Dai.

He did not make any attempt to referee the line outs. And his decisions on crossing were weak. Going over the top and coming in from the side were not included in his rule book.

No he was not biased. Merely mediocre - IMHO. Stopped what could have been an excellent game being merely a good one!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

He was not as weak on crossing as the so and so who ran the WRC final!

Hillo mete. am tirning unto a niw zilinder!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"