Tigers travelling to Dublin

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Laighan

Tigers travelling to Dublin

Post by Laighan »

Hi Folks
I was just wondering on which day will most Tigers supporters be arriving in Dublin for the game against Leinster?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Well most of us will be arriving the day before although some will arrive on the day and maybe just one or two will arrive the day after!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

btw welcome to the forum!!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

With that logic Bill are you in the wrong camp?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I am in a camp?

Sounds uncomfortable and nasty at my great age.

A 5* hotel or my own bed at home is much better!!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Bill - Too much comfort for me!! :smt002

I am staying at the Ripley on the second and third nights. In a different hotel for the first night.

Laighlan - Will be arriving on Friday. Maybe you could meet up with a few Tigers fans. Where would you folks be drinking?
Laighan

Post by Laighan »

Thanks for the replies folks, and for the welcome.
simon redshaw wrote: Laighlan - Will be arriving on Friday. Maybe you could meet up with a few Tigers fans. Where would you folks be drinking?
We generally drink in The Horse Show House, which is directly across from the ground. They treat us very well there, and you can be sure that Tigers fans will get an equally warm welcome. If there are enough Leicester fans in town on friday night, you never know, some kind of function may be arranged, its been done before.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Thanks, Laighlam, for the info on where you folks drink. Hopefully, something can happen for Friday night. :smt001 :smt001
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

The boss and I arrive Friday and will be in town drinking Guiness from then until Monday departure - for sure!
Jez

Only Winners Win!
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

simon redshaw wrote:Bill - Too much comfort for me!! :smt002

I am staying at the Ripley on the second and third nights. In a different hotel for the first night.

Laighlan - Will be arriving on Friday. Maybe you could meet up with a few Tigers fans. Where would you folks be drinking?
Simon, good choice on the Ripley Ct Hotel, at least in terms of getting to the match. You're 5 mins walk from Connolly station, from where you can get the DART to Lansdowne Rd and then take the Dodder Walk over to Ballsbridge. Nice one!Don't know what the Hotel is like in terms of accomodation and service..etc? As a Leinster supporter I'm not feeling terribly enthusiastice about our impending encounter. we've been playing such rubbish recently.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

JohnB wrote:

As a Leinster supporter I'm not feeling terribly enthusiastice about our impending encounter. we've been playing such rubbish recently.
3 of us are getting the 8 am flight from Stansted and staying at the Bewleys Hotel, Ballsbridge. As for Leinster playing rubbish, the Tigers haven't hit any real form yet either. Getting the RWC lads back for the EDF game against Cardiff will hopefully improve things. Anyway the craic should be as good as usual given our last few visits to Dublin.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

Arriving late Friday night, about midnight at hotel. Not confirmed hotel yet, but hopefully staying at Mespil, which I think is central.

Leaving Sunday night.

Hopefully there will be plenty of Tiggers there!
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

Four in our party will be arriving on Saturday morning, and also stopping at Bewleys.

We've stayed there before and its a very good hotel for the price, well recommended.
Duggan

Post by Duggan »

I'll be going over on the Friday. I have a really dodgy hat for the occasion. I mean really dodgy. :smt086
Leicester, born, bred and proud of it.
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

Couldn't get in at the Mespil, so staying at the Burlington - anyone else in there?