Loffreda's on his way!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Outlander
Silver Member
Silver Member

Loffreda's on his way!

Post by Outlander »

Big congratulations to Loffreda and his Argies, who just finished 3rd in the tourney. (I'll refrain from saying more in honor of ZSF!)

Next stop, Welford Road! Should be pretty interesting.

One thing I wonder about. How long a transition period will Loffreda need? He can't have been spending much time studying Tigers! I imagine he will spend a couple of weeks letting Cockers lead as he gets to know the squad.

Getting to know the league is also important. I imagine Loffreda will have to work out what works and what doesn't in the GP. You know, that could conceivably take some time!

I wonder, too, if their will be some friction if he begins to impose a very structured approach. There is some meaningful danger there.

Still, he has proven to be a marvelous coach and I expect he will adapt before too long.

Hopefully, Tigers will tighten up their defense and discipline a bit. I haven't seen them this year, but that was their Achilles heel last year.

Congratulations, Coach! And welcome to Welford Road!
Just a Yankee looker-on from afar.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Welcome indeed!!! He can have a 2 week honeymoon!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Outlander....if discipline was our Achilles heel last season, I would imagine we'd win the treble then if we could eliminate these errors ??!!!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Welcome indeed and what an acheivement by Argentina.

Think the 'boss' is coming in at the right time, we definitely need him... Cockers has done his best but I think you'll agree we need our Coach to go forward, we're going backwards at the moment ....
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Nik, nothing wrong with the pack, its the backs that are not quite tuned in and thats down to Andy Key.
Hope the new coach comes with JMH in his pocket. :smt002
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

An interesting era begins. Welcome and good luck. With his international connections, who know's what he can "arrange"?
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

What a send off he gave his country too! I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do with our players. One of the best in the world and we got him! Woo.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Oadbywonder

Post by Oadbywonder »

Just hope he waves his magic wand over the number 10 shirt :smt004
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I have it first hand from his niece that he has a plan!!!!!

:smt003
Duggan

Post by Duggan »

Not that long ago quite a few Tigers fans would have thought why are they bringing this bloke in? It's starting to look like a very well thought out move by the Board is this. Can't wait.
Oggle
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Oggle »

Duggan wrote:Not that long ago quite a few Tigers fans would have thought why are they bringing this bloke in? It's starting to look like a very well thought out move by the Board is this. Can't wait.
Yeah, I did have my doubts, but I am humbly corrected. I hope he can get our backs to be the most feared in the Premiership again! :D

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 89,00.html

he might bring some people in- but it looks like he means back room staff. Would be sensible - just as long as he leaves the academy- they do an awesome job!
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I think he'll be a bit of a shock to the system for a few after the laid back Paddy Howard approach. I suspect he’ll give the whole system a good shake and see what drops off. Let’s face it, Mr Cusworth must have had some say in the matter at some stage so the board at least know exactly what’s coming.

If he steps up the discipline (don’t stick yer leg out Lewis) and gets the backs firing then we’ll be laughing. And if he does bring JMH with him we’ll be in hysterics.

I only hope that the team accept him and his ways without any trouble – we don’t want too many personalities in the changing room again.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
keef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by keef »

ohhhh...JMH in a tigers shirt!...
we could be on the verge of sumthin special!
The Future's Bright,The Future's Stripey!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Too many personalities in the dressing room?

What like Johnson, Garforth, Cockerill, Back, Healy, Howard, Lloyd?

Nah we don't want personality we want nice guys like Holtby, Pez Peter Short.

We need more players that are complete gits. Wasps have them, we don't.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

sk 88 wrote:We need more players that are complete gits. Wasps have them, we don't.
and who was more succesful last season? i dare say 3 finals and 2 wins from them beats their 1 final 1 win.

ignorance is bliss - im fairly sure wasps supporters think this of us. Personalitys fine - but i think what GS was getitng at was we dont want personality clashes - a-la saints last season it was aparently the Big Rift within the players and coaching staff that is mostly bl;amed fopr their lack of performance on the pitch. No, we don't want more gits in the changing room - we want players who will work well together and have the Tigers Work Ethic instilled in them from day 1.