Ryan Lamb Rumour

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Ryan Lamb Rumour

Post by dailywaffle »

Not for the first time, a rumour seems to be floating around that we might be interested in young Lamb. Of course, this rumour may just be part of the usual contract renewal fun and games.

Anyone heard anything of substance ....... or just one to be put with all of the other rumours?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

It is gaining credence on the Gloucester Forum. Also has been reported in "The Rugby Times"
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Wouldn't mind him one bit at Tigers. If todays latest score at Glaws is anything to go by he certainly can kick his pens (4) and conversions(2) so he is consisstent unlike a certain FH not a million miles away.

It won't happen though Glaws will not be stupid enough to let a talented young player leave.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

But they have appently promised Patterson that he will be first choice 10.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

AHHH Bill if you watched the WC game that Scotland played ( against Italy )I think Patterson played 10 and had a shocker which led him to be replaced by that Kiwi bloke. Scotland seem to think his best position is FB or wing. I don't think Glaws will play him at 10 altho he will definitely be played somewhere in the backline apart from 10 because of his high kicking percentage.

No Lamb will stay at Glaws. (unfortunately)
AaronMauger12

Post by AaronMauger12 »

Paterson really can kick, maybe the balls were scottish :smt002
cape

Post by cape »

AHHHHHH G and if you had watched the scotland italy match you too might have realised Paterson did not play at 10 either- a certain AUSSIE did- Dan Parks- Paterson had a shocker against NZ after taking a big hit to the head which forced him off
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I knew he played 10 in one game. So I got the game wrong big deal. We all make mistakes.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

g wrote: No Lamb will stay at Glaws. (unfortunately)
Stop sitting on the fence! :smt002

it's in the ruby times and as they will have 2 good quality players at fly half - Willie Walker and Chris Patterson it is'nt beyond the reasonable - but i should think we would be more interested in Hernandez first - Lamb later, but the Hernandez issue is a complex one.
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

I din't.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Just don't think of signing Dan Parks PPLLEEAASSEE!!!!!!
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Why would anyone sign Dan Parks? Andy Goode is a far better 10!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Having just sifted through piles of utter uninformed tosh such as "he'd be mad to go to the aging tigers" aging - :censored:!? etc etc on the Glaws "shedweb" i've managed to deduce the following:

-The majority think he won't leave, formed on opinions of "but he's a gloucester lad".

-Some "informed" individuals have said it's a done deal but refuse to state their source(s) and are therefore probably not to be believed.

-Hernandez coming will stop Lamb coming - which is likely, but Hernandez is not for certain at the moment but no doubt we will look very very hard when he becomes availible.

-They think that we would triple his salary - from the apparent 60k to 180k - like heck would we, he's good but he isn't worth that - i doubt we'd even offer him 6 figures.

-They all think we're a bunch of thieving cheats who just throw our wallet to buy in young talent and teach them to cheat - nothing new here then.

-The shedweb is not a friendly place to be for a Tigers fan.

thats what i got from there. hope this helps.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Would like Hernadez first of all but Ryan Lamb wouldn't be bad. He has a fair future, I believe.

I think Dean Ryan would be very reluctant to sell Ryan though as I think he rates him pretty highly.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

the glaws fans would disagree with you there simon - they seem to think Lamb and Ryan (geddit? :smt002 ) dont get on.