What's happened to Tigers??

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

What's happened to Tigers??

Post by G.K »

I'm still in a state of shock here. Not only because England won against all predictions (including mine), not only because France triumphed over the world's best chokers (AB's) but because Tigers were demolished in the game against Gloucester, especially in the scrum and it was at Welford Road!

That's the first game I've watched this season and yes, I know we had a few chaps at the RWC, but we still had 3 international props in there and yet were taken to the cleaners.

Not only that but the kicking and general midfield game was woeful. Despite most of the posession and taking them to the cleaners at the LO and several visits to their 22 we just weren't getting points on the board.

What's happened? Was that just a one-off nightmare or what?
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

because we haven't recruited, we need a good 10 and it is not Burke. I reckon I face yet another away trip to Wuss this year which will be torture! :smt013 :smt022
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

No BJ I don't think it has. That thread was mainly a chronological account of the match. This one is more about the generalities of what has happened to the team.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Tigers are doing just great! :smt001

Three wins out of four, with so many players absent at the World Cup, and several more injured - what more could you expect? The players have given a lot, but there is no-one to squad rotate with. Gloucester are a great team (almost as good as us) and have almost nobody missing. The next match against them will give a very different result.

Do you remember four years ago? Tigers are performing far better than that this season. :smt001
Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

I felt yesterday was dissappointing. We all knew that a win against an almost full strength Glaws team would be a great result....but while I expected that our backs would be outperformed I did expect us to win the forward battle. Even with Castro on we were under pressure in the scrum forsome reason.

Looking forward our backline, will be much stronger post WC - Tuilagi, Rambeni, Hipkiss, Mauger - although we will relatively remain weak at 9 - 10. The return of Ellis, Bemand, Humphries will improve that situation and if Lofreda can force open the cheque book for that class 10 then we would really have a very high class back line.

But our forwards will need to put in much better performances than yesterdays effort - as was proved again yesterday afternoon in Marseille - forwards win matches - quality backs can do little if they don't have the ball.
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

9 -1 0 communication lacking

WE need more than just a big boot in a 10 shirt
Come on Tigers!!!
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Burke always has brought the three-quarters into play much better than Goode, who had a dreadful half game.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

salcombe bob wrote:because we haven't recruited, we need a good 10 and it is not Burke. I reckon I face yet another away trip to Wuss this year which will be torture! :smt013 :smt022

i find posts like this pathetic to be honest - burke played out of his skin well -goode had a mare, theres no hiding from the fact we were beaten by a good team at the top of thier game - minus 9 internationals.

as for 3 international props - 2 of which have retired from international rugby.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

and the third international prop has had no time to recover from the WC.

Tigers are in a great postion and have played much more successfully than the other team with large numbers of players away - Wasps!

Well said Kornboy. :smt001
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Lets face it though the penalty try should not have been one so take 7 away from the Glos score and then if Goode had had his kicking boot on the add 6 points to the Tigers score then the final score would have been 23 - 23 so it really should have been.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

And the Glos props don't have the same situation? Talk about one-eyed.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

gkbradley wrote:And the Glos props don't have the same situation? Talk about one-eyed.
no, they arnt - they've been playing with their club all season - castro got back this week for heavens sake - Julian played very very well and just slipped for that penalty try - its not like he had an option about it.

so get your head out of your rectum and dear god support your team!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

There is only one thing to say:

KEEP THE FAITH!!
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

kornboy130 wrote:
gkbradley wrote:And the Glos props don't have the same situation? Talk about one-eyed.
no, they arnt - they've been playing with their club all season - castro got back this week for heavens sake - Julian played very very well and just slipped for that penalty try - its not like he had an option about it.

so get your head out of your rectum and dear god support your team!
Support them yes but also be realistic.......our scrum was stuffed!
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

ok kornboy, let's see how it goes but you better not be seen criticising had you? :smt016 :smt005