NZ - v France

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

CRAZIEST DAY IN THE HISTORY OF RUGBY.

Unbelievable. Who would have thought that we would be getting our new centre before our new coach?

I know his contract has a set start date so I am therefore technically wrong, but in principle, who would have ever dreamt it?

CRAZIEST DAY IN THE HISTORY OF RUGBY.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

It seems to have become fashionable on here to knock the Kiwis, particularly calling them arrogant. Strange that, as I always thought of the French team and approach as being arrogant. We have had the arrogance of the Dayglo for one. It might well have seemed to other countries that we were arrogant insisting that we would win the World Cup when we were performing so badly.

As for lack of meaningful games, aren't the Tri Nations games meaningful games? True the SH hemisphere sides didn't play any games since, and that might well have hindered them, but they didn't not play any meaningful games in recent months.

As for the point about taking the top players out of the Super XV, it was done to prevent player burn-out. Maybe, in hindsight, it may not have been the best idea, but who knows? The intention was to keep players fit before the World Cup. Its not as if certain Irish players figure in all the Magners Games!

Lets try and give Graham Henry a kicking! :smt011 he tried his best, he was the best coach for that team, but unfortunatley the team did not have the mental attitude on the day to win the game.

I am probably the only person on here who did not want France to win. I don't mind that. Unfortunately, NZ yet again imploded when the game mattered and France were too good for them in the second half particularly. Lack of discipline did not help NZ's cause.

I don't understand the feeling against NZ by some. They did what they did to try to win the World Cup. They knew they would be pilloried if they lost another chance. You may not like the approach of the ABs, I don't have any problems with them, but what is the point of attacking them? Why put the boot in?

Maybe its just that you all wanted the underdog, but I would not want France to win, never in a month of Sundays.

You may all be happy France won, and they may well beat England in the next game but they will meet their match against the South Africans or Argies.
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

SkippyTiger wrote:Anyone else think that the two results today were due to neither SH team having had a challenge in their group? Both looked VERY rusty, and both were a yard off the pace. Is a strange that both NH number 7's were hugely impressive against their much hyped opponents Smith and McCaw?
Well, thats exactly why i thought Aus might have a chance of winning the cup and that NZ would lose at some point, purely because they havnt, yet, had a big game, there biggest being against Italy!

But its so nice to know that the 2 most outspoken and some would say cocky nations get beaten in the QF's. There will be rioting in the streets in new zealand (of course there wont, its not football!)

Oh, and what a game it was too!
#48 FTW :)
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Nz people or the ones I have spoken to are very nice people.

They expect their team to win, they don't have much success in many other sports. You knock them for cockyness but I'd rather have that being a shrinking violet.

:smt015 :smt015
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

My reason for calling the Kiwis arrogant has more to do with the ex-Kiwi commentators sneering at other teams and talking about ABs having two teams of players that could beat anybody etc.

The reason I want Kiwi's to lose is down to the number of south sea islands they add to their team making it effectively a team of four nations. To my mind if you or your parents are not born in a country you should be not qualify to play for them ever ie no residency rules.

I have been saying for months that the lack of game time would hurt them and I believe it did. That and the expectation on them was so huge that they did not think clearly under pressure - surely they should have been looking for drop goal rather than constant driving mauls in front of the posts even with the losing fly halves.

No way was I going to support any of the tri-nations over a European team.

I should also say that the Kiwis I have actually met are often great blokes and I have no dislike of Kiwis as individuals or as a nation.

Any odds on Graham Henry heading back to Wales!
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:2/4 for me so far on predictions but not bet placed. With my daughter working in Sydney and having put up with weeks of agro from the locals - wonderful result. Do you know they even had billboards up in Sydney of Gregan saying 'revenge is sweet'. I guess his chance is gone for ever.

The wonderful England result only surpassed by arrogant Kiwis and Graham Henry getting their just deserts. The reason I predicted NZ to lose was the lack of a meaningful game for ages. They could do nothing about the WC but decided they did not need warm up games and pulled their players out of Super 14. Graham Henry this loss is down to you!
/agree 100% :smt023
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Nabuk wrote: /agree 100% :smt023
Now Nabuk agreeing with me does not happen than often.

Who has changed me or him?
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

:smt001
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
akselou
Tiger Cub

A

Post by akselou »

simon redshaw wrote: Strange that, as I always thought of the French team and approach as being arrogant. We have had the arrogance of the Dayglo for one.
I am probably the only person on here who did not want France to win. I don't mind that. Unfortunately, NZ yet again imploded when the game mattered and France were too good for them in the second half particularly. Lack of discipline did not help NZ's cause.

You may all be happy France won, and they may well beat England in the next game but they will meet their match against the South Africans or Argies.
hello, it's like you're not a Frog fan :smt002 what is funny is that everyone in the world say that the Rose Team always plays with arrogance...does that suppose they 're ? i don't think so...after visiting England many times, i changed my mind...

I m just happy England and France made it, because everyone was sending us to the graveyard...Plus, who would allow an England-France game not to happen ? hell never...you're our traditional best fiends :smt007

finally i don't see Argies or Boks kickin France out of the tournament...Argentina was lucky that we were just "blocked" in the opening game, and SA showed poor things today vs Fijis....

My biggest fear is....England as usual....But it will be a great game whatever...Usually there's only one game a year i don't support England, this year there will be 4 ;)

Congratulations whatever for your extraordinary come back...such a game !!!! Allez les bleus :)

i read that Stankovich is injured...is it serious ?