Argentina could win it. agree? disagree?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Argentina could win it. agree? disagree?

Post by burly bill mclaren »

Ok its half time argies 18-irish 10 fantastic game
I risk making a mug of meself if oirish turn it round. But based on what Ive seen argies have a serious chance to win the whole darned tournament.

their pack has been more consistent in the smaller technical areas than evern kiwis or aussies
their team ethic and collectivity is awesome, their spirit unbreakable.

IF they win it will be 1 of sports greatest ever victories against the odds

they have zero infrastructure, no money, no fixed tournament, no pro rugby in a poor country with millions in poverty

theirs is a throw back to a romantic piece of sport where the spirit will and hard graft overcomes the lack of opportunity from birth

maybe Im laying it on too thick, Im just an old romantic but it would be amazing to see them win it and I for one think with their immense work rate and defence (only 1 try conceded in group of death) and underrated backs they can beat the boks then who knows in the final V aussie or all blacks

They have also reinvented the up n under which we brits have failed to do properly for many years. its ironic too that the welsh who have had another nightmare took rugby to patagonia, argentina 100 years ago. and they too helped the all blacks develop the 2 kiwi coaches hansen and henry. maybe the welsh shoul;d take care of their own better

good luck argies
H E RICHARDS
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

I like the Puma's as much as anyone, but I have to say that Argentina have absolutely zero chance of winning the world cup. That said, getting to the semi-final for them would still be a huge achievement.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by burly bill mclaren »

Im surprised you think they have no chance
Lets break this down, they beat france at home in their own world cup, they rolled over irish comfortably too. In the past few yrs they have won at twickenham, cardiff, dublin, edinburgh, rome and marseille. They have also beaten the boks and come within a last minute lomu special of beating the ab's approx 4 or 5 yrs back

They have many stars playing in france and england. they have scotland next who they will blow away then semi against the boks. I feel that game is 55-45% to a africa. BUt the key is of the argies take an early lead they can control the game with their juggernaut pack

as for the ab's they have awesome firepower but their pack makes way more unforced errors than the argies that may be the key
H E RICHARDS
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

i think its unlikely they will win, but they definitely have a chance. they are a threat and cannot be taken lightly. im going for the argies to win the tournament!! lol.
Last edited by orla - mumha abú! on Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

agree with Orla. they do have a real chance. they should see off Scotland with no problem, then it's onto (probably) the boks, one match, could go either way. and a final is just one match. upsets can happen. I really think they could do it - and wouldn't it just be great to welcome Loffreda to WR as manager of the winning team?!!
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

As we are now into one off games anything can happen. They should get to the semis without too much problem. Luck will get them into the final!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I observed before a ball was kicked in ager that the two "long odds" sides that could win it were France and Argentina.

We could even have a France Argentina final!!! This would please my bank manager.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Argentina are being flattered by the quality of the opposition. If the tournament is to be won by the best side, then No, they cannot win.
Tyler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tyler »

Although the idea of Argentina going all the way is quite romantic the idea of our new coach being missing until the domestic and european cup's start is a worrying factor (speaking with my Tiger biased head on!)
Especially with nearly the full squad back by next sunday (sorry Cozza!) lets concerntrate on domestic greed and go for the treble! :smt077
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Hey, Cocky is holding the fort well!! 3 wins out of three is not bad!!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

i really think argentina stand a chance!!! i should have taken your advice bill and put a bet on them. id only have jinxed them if i had!

European Champions 2006!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Well with the size of your bet you might have lowered the odds!!!!!!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

i very much doubt that!

European Champions 2006!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

So do I! But iut made you smile!!