England V Samoa

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

England V Samoa

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Sooo.... 2 minutes gone, Corry's got a try, Wilkinson's converted. Its looking good!
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Well done Cozza. But Tonga took the defensive bonus. Too bad I was away, the Sa - Tonga is said ti hve been the best RWC game so far. Your group is a helluva group too !

Going to watch a friendly, tell me all your thoughts tonight ! Goan Bulldogs, never die before you're actually dead !
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

8 minutes left, Hipkiss on for Tait!! Come on Danny!!!!
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

yeh and in the one touch he got he penetrated further across the gain line than barkley had all match.

Nice try for Sackey at the end with a lovely step by Wilkinson.

It seems we are, slowly, getting there.

The forwards were pretty good today and controlled much of the game. Nick Easter was superb.

Gomarsall was very effective, more so than perry has been previously. Wilkinson was on and off, had a baron spell around half time but looked good early on and towards the end.

Sackey was excellent, set up the 2nd corry try (that shut stuart barnes up, he said something positive for a change!), and scored 2 himself. Cueto was quiet, but didnt really get a lot of service. Similar with Lewsey, who stopped a try in the 2nd half (as usual), but didnt do too much going forward, mainly again through lack of service.

Much of that lack of service, it seems, came from Barkley who, for much of the match, kept ahold of the ball and backed himself to get through the line. He didnt. Even my dad, who isnt particularly a fan of disecting games, noticed it. That meant that on numerous occasions we had numbers out wide who were begging for the ball, but then didnt get it. We also ended up then passing it out wide when the space had been closed down.

Tait was pretty quiet, though he did make some good breaks here and there. Possibly better than Barkley.

Great at last to see Hipkiss on the field, had the ball once in those last 10 minutes and made it over the gain line with a lovely step. I really dont see the pointin making changes that late in the game though, what impact can anyone realistically be expected to make in the last 10 minutes?

All in all, a decent performance, the best ofhte world cup so far against a Somoa team that isnt a walk over. Tonga will be tough but as long as England dont get complacent (!) they should make it through that.

But on this performance, i dont think Australia will be getting too worried just yet. Maybe if England could put 50 odd past Tonga they might sit up an notice!
#48 FTW :)
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

That was rubbish.........Australia will di*k us by 20+ points :smt013
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

we need to sort out our discipline.
This alone will make a huge difference. Moody should be the second choice 7 after Rees, or the first choice 6
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scoreline flattered England Samoa played the best rugby Henry was immense!

Barkley rubbish, Flood in for next game, Worseley will surely never play 7 again one hopes if he plays against Tonga at 7 on Fri. Latu (who was a superman today) will have him for breakfast.

Otherwise right players (from the wrong squad), but still v.poor performance and no particular gameplan.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

It was a big improvement on last two weeks. Sackey and Corry were good. Its a good start but we need to improve again to beat Tonga well, and alot! to challenge the Aussies atall.
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

England did what i have said to do (ok, Ashton asked to me some clues.... :smt003 ) and did it well. Beautiful match indeed. This team need Wilko (and Corry too :smt001 )