Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cooke-1
Top Cat
Top Cat

Is he coming: Juan Hernadez?

Post by cooke-1 »

what is the news on juan hernadez
are stade still being tough to deal with?
any replies appreciated.....
Rlinksteve
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rlinksteve »

I doubt very much if he will come now.

Just have to keep watching the site for news if it does happen.
blackadder

Post by blackadder »

According to the french paper "Midi Olympique" (the rugby journal) he is desperate to leave as he wants to play fly half and rejoin Loffreda its a question of someone buying up the 2 years of contract which remain.Here he is rated as one of the best players in the world
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

blackadder wrote:According to the french paper "Midi Olympique" (the rugby journal) he is desperate to leave as he wants to play fly half and rejoin Loffreda its a question of someone buying up the 2 years of contract which remain.Here he is rated as one of the best players in the world
Hi blackadder

Tigers have previously stated that they will not buy out his contract. Unless JMH goes on strike (for Stade) its difficult to see how he could end up here.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

I'll be quite honest, with the performance this guy is putting in tonight I for one will be happy for TIGERS TO SPEND THE MONEY AND BUY OUT HERNADEZ'S CONTRACT OUT NOW........

Come on Messrs Tom & Wheeler.. get this guy to the fortress.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Nik wrote:I'll be quite honest, with the performance this guy is putting in tonight I for one will be happy for TIGERS TO SPEND THE MONEY AND BUY OUT HERNADEZ'S CONTRACT OUT NOW........

Come on Messrs Tom & Wheeler.. get this guy to the fortress.
He has got it going on, it's true. Just as long as Cockers could beat the daft drop goal tendency out of him.

Wouldn't mind Roncero as well, who was being touted as part of a package on the rumour threads a bit back.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

flippin' heck I'm buzzing after that match.....
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Outlander
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hmmmmmmmm.

Post by Outlander »

I'll be quite honest, with the performance this guy is putting in tonight I for one will be happy for TIGERS TO SPEND THE MONEY AND BUY OUT HERNADEZ'S CONTRACT OUT NOW........
I actually thought Hernandez had a poor 2nd half. He made some highly suspect, speculative decisions with the ball in hand. Arg. needed to settle down and kill the clock by recycling the ball, and JH kept booting it away. Often, he kicked short Garry Owens that put the ball into some very dangerous attacking space for the French.
Just a Yankee looker-on from afar.
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

We can't buy him out without obviously breaking the wage cap - so it won't happen. :smt010
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Lovely runner, great hands, fantastic tackler, kicks the ball miles ..... but still not a 10.

BTW, that's just how he played for Stade at 10 in the Top 14 playoffs.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

its very late in the day for a signing to occur - seeing as the season starts in 1 weeks time i would be surprised to see him here for this season atleast. However, i definately wouldnt bet against a serious move being made to buy out the last year of his contract towards the end of this season.