Wheel chair access

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Prop Fwd

Wheel chair access

Post by Prop Fwd »

:o? Can anybody let me know what the wheelchair access is like at Welford Road, I am hoping to get to as many games as I can this season with my lad (whos in a chair following diagnosis of a spinal tumour earlier this year)
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Wheelchair access is VERY limited, with a waiting list, please do not just turn up in hoope.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
SimW

Post by SimW »

I took my Dad at the end of the season before last for his last game. We were in the open disabled seating area by the temporary stand. I'm not sure if this area will still be there when the temp stand is put back up. If it is, be warned; we got soaked!

As Chobbsy says it's best to check beforehand but they were very accomodating.

Good Luck!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

There are often two wheelchair areas, one in the bottom of the Alliance & Leicester and one at the clubhouse end near where the temporary stand goes. However, space is limited, and there is a waiting list, so I would suggest you ring the ticket office and ask them for advice and help well before any matches you may wish to bring your son to see.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

The area in the A&L is totally season ticket holders, but for cup matches that do not fall within the season ticket go on general sale after the holders have had first refusal.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Prop Fwd

Post by Prop Fwd »

Thanks for all the advice hopefully we will be able to make it to a few matches. If all goes well with Chemo and Radiotherapy he wil be able to make it without the chair by the end of the season
AP
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by AP »

I hope everything goes well for your son and you do make it down sometime. Good Luck xx :oD
AV8TOR

Post by AV8TOR »

Prop Fwd wrote:Thanks for all the advice hopefully we will be able to make it to a few matches. If all goes well with Chemo and Radiotherapy he wil be able to make it without the chair by the end of the season
How about trying to get to some of the Monday night "Extras" Games with your son ?

Not normally so many people there & from what I recall last season the few wheelchair spaces there are were not normally fully occupied.
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend.