What an awful weekend this is....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

What an awful weekend this is....

Post by Simmo »

I'm bored, it's a bank holiday, the weathers awful and I'm not at Twickenham.

After the last few weeks anyone else feel the same?

I've got withdrawal symptoms so I've just tried renewing my Season Ticket online but it won't allow it.....says we have to go to the Ticket Office!

Still, at least the Indy 500 starts in an hour.
Simmo
simonp

Post by simonp »

Awful weather.

I was working at the Abbey Park festival but we closed our bar early as no-one was there due to the rubbish weather. Took £100 in six hours :o(
- Simon
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Matt Hampson bowl tomorrow though - go and support that and get wet and cold in true rugby fan style!

I'd wait for renewing ST - the ticket office told me to wait a week when I went in last Weds, as they are trying to sort out inclusion of HC games now.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

Well at least it's not just us here where the weather is bad......The Indy 500 has been rained off for a couple of hours!

Thanks for the pointer on the Season Ticket Rizzo. I'll wait a week.
Simmo
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Indy 500.... remind me, thats the one where they go round an oval circuit for hours and the winner is the last one to get bored and go home? The one where Alex Zanardi lost both his legs?

As a motor-racing fan, I tried watching F1 today, and it was painfully dull. Lewis Hamilton gets to within seconds of Alonso and they call it a battle. In MotoGP five seconds is a dominant win, in F1 its a battle!
I'll watch WTCC, BTCC, WSBK, MotoGP, Trial Bikes, MotoX, DTM, anything really, just keep me away from Nascar and that load of :censored:. I cannot think of anything more boring.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Alonso started in pole. Hamilton started second. Neither hit the barriers that hard.

So Alonso finished first and Hamilton finished second
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Oh and Massa started and finished 3rd!!
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

I get the feeling I shouldn't have mentioned motorsport here......nevermind, we've got little in the way of Rugby to talk about for a few weeks.

Anyway, Dario Franchitti won the 500 so that's one up for the UK! Well done Dario....great strategy! Lewis's performance in Monaco was great too. I too love Moto GP, WSB and BSB....and used to ride myself. Talking of other sport in our off-season I'll be supporting Derby County this afternoon having originated from Belper...

For the record, Zanardi lost his legs at the Eurospeedway in Germany. Right sport (Champ Cars as opposed to IRL), wrong location.
Simmo
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Shameless plug coming up, but if you're a motorsport fan you should join motogpforum.com ;) Its a great forum for talking about motorsport.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
toriya

Post by toriya »

Well, at least you all were dry!
I spent the weekend on a scout camp, getting very wet and watching tents being blown around a field with kids chasing them! The camp was suppost to end on Monday, but at 8.30pm on Sunday we abandoned, as the marquee was starting to fall down! All good fun! My Sunday night was standing in a field in torential rain, feeling like a human kite, directing traffic! Lol! The things I do for Scouts!
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Sympathies all round for anyone affected by the weather, but I bet you can't beat my weekend for wierd things to be doing. Even I can't believe it.

After a flurry of panic emails on Thursday and Friday I've spent the last couple of days drawing nappies! Clean ones I hasten to add. All for a well know national company - can't say any more. Makes a change from motorbikes and diesel engines though.

Over to you for all the puns :oops:

Off to watch Johnno and his Panther mates soon - just to keep the thread vaguely rugby related. ;o)
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

what awful weather. its a bank holiday and i have got to work grrrrrrrr
Come on you tigers!
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

IsraeliTiger wrote:Shameless plug coming up, but if you're a motorsport fan you should join motogpforum.com ;) Its a great forum for talking about motorsport.
I'm on the BSB one but have to admit you've lost me with this one. My reference to motorsport was with respect to there being no rugby at Twickenham this weekend after the previous two and the poor weather on a bank holiday. It was you who confessed to being a motorsport fan in your earlier post. My pecking order is Rugby, Motorsport, Football.....in that order.
Simmo
masopa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by masopa »

Well you all should have watched the Bill Beaumont cup - excellent!

A few mistakes but easily the best quality (and most entertaining by a country mile) match this weekend.

Makes you wonder why, if amateurs can play like that, why our PAID players have such trouble...