WE LOST ONE FINAL OUT OF THREE

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spunkemo
Top Cat
Top Cat

WE LOST ONE FINAL OUT OF THREE

Post by Spunkemo »

I hate the fact that thier are supposed tigers fans sayign the team were a disgrace today, we lost, we were beaton, the people complaining couldnt hva edone any better.

yes we didnt play brilliantly, but while wasps were just learing how to tackle for 3 weeks we wont eh Premiership.

This season who have we beat in Europe; Munster, Cardiff,Llunefly,Stade,
Who have they beat:Tigers,Perpingan,Lienster,Northampton

WE have done brilliantly this season, next seasons going to be hard, next season were going to get new players and a new coach, next season do you realey think Tigers will make the same mistakes again.

We won at Walkers, we wont the EDF, we won the Premiership, when you look at it we are the best side in Europe, we won 2 Finals out of three, we beat great teams, we battled on 3 fronts, WE NEARLY WON A TREBLE.

NEXT SEASON WE WILL GET NEW PLAYERS, NEW COACH AND WE WILL NOT MAKE OLD MISTAKES
SAVE BEN HERRING
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

WE LOST THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE! Tigers let themselves down, not the fans, at the end of teh day they will be hurting more then us, I know that the players believ the heiny in 'the one' aswell. so its fine to be disapointed
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

You are not the best team in europe..
Ospreys won the magners league, making them stronger candidates than you lot(it was a three nation competition).
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

Welshy3! 3 nation competition. with the greatest respect, the Scottish teams have not been there, making it a 2 nation. As for the number of fixtures. Tigers, unless I'm mistaken have beaten the best the Welsh club sides have offered and have run up pretty well against the Irish.Without your winger, Ospreys would have been stuffed!
There has been some magnificent rugby played this season in all competitions. It all comes down to the "day".
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Cheap shot welshy. Name one Welsh team that beat us. If Ospreys are claiming to be the best in Europe then why did we beat them?
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

I didn't say ospreys think they are the best team in europe, it is just - arguably - right now - they have more right to that title than leicester.
Tim M

Post by Tim M »

welshy3 wrote:I didn't say ospreys think they are the best team in europe, it is just - arguably - right now - they have more right to that title than leicester.
I think you'll find that by being HC runners up makes Tigers the 2nd best team in Europe behind Wasps.
:roll:
Moody_boy06
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Moody_boy06 »

I can't remember the results of Leicester's last three games with "the deservedly best team in the Europe". Shame, that.
Last edited by Moody_boy06 on Sun May 20, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuilagi- Pizza Advert legend!
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Wasps are NOT the best team in europe. I doubt they even claim to be. They r however champions
welshy3

Post by welshy3 »

So loosing a knock out random cup competition - convincingly - is considered a better barometer to your kings of europe claims than winning a cross boarder league, where you have to play every single nation in it - both home and away?

I don't think so.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

Welshy - for a start, we beat every team in Wales this season. In fact, I don't think anything else needs saying!
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

Lets be radical here!!

How about we leave the personal back-biting and sniping where it belongs in the roundey ball game!!

Celebrate what each of your clubs and the respective players have done.

Just to play as many professional games as Tigers have this year is a monumental task, let alone the standard of opposition we have faced and come through.

Cup games are cruel -especially when it is your team losing that ONE game.

Acknowledge the success, accept the loss and move on to next season when a whole new chapter begins![/u]
Come on Tigers!!!
Firesafetydave

Post by Firesafetydave »

Anyway, back to the topic...

What does it say about us as Tigers supporters that after a 4 year drought, some are disappointed we *only* won 2 out of 3 this year... A treble would certainly be a record, but we are also the only team to be in 3 finals in one year - let alone winning 2!
Te audire no possum. Musa sapienum fixa est in aura.
Moody_boy06
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Moody_boy06 »

Good point, well made.
Tuilagi- Pizza Advert legend!
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

I was gutted at first, but putting things into perspective, after playing an outstanding, physical game last week, after many other tough rounds beforehand, the boys just looked so tired, and who can blame them! I'm still dead proud to be a tiger :oD [/list]
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com