Disgraceful performance brings inevitable humiliation.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spheroide
Tiger Cub

Disgraceful performance brings inevitable humiliation.

Post by Spheroide »

Now don't give me the rubbish about one game too far, or any similar crock.

Todays performance from all the team was nothing short of a disgrace. We were beaten by a pretty ordinary Wasps team (by their standards) and well beaten at that. We saw poor decision making, amateur levels of basic skills, the poorest performance in a Tiger's shirt by at least 9 of our usually reliable team members. Only Goode, Murphy (F), Ayerza, Jennings, Corry, and Deacon have plyed worse than today on a previouis occasion. Everyone else chose today to clock their silly one.

The usual lack of discipline was evident but without the ability to make up the gimme's.

OK their were a couple of dubious refereeing moments but that cannot disguise the overall deserved humiliation.

Now I'm not a bad loser but I will not accept a performance at that level from any team, that is supposed to represent my City without criticism.

The fan's deserved better..... THE PLAYERS SHOULD BE THOROUGHLY ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.....
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Disagree totally. The team and the players owe you nothing as your support is so fickle. Doesn't the winning of TWO major trophies mean anything to you?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
PlymouthPaul

Post by PlymouthPaul »

We were outthought. Two sucker tries showed we were not on form and for some reason perhaps not really up for the game. Dont't know why that should be at this level. We gave away the initiative and from then on faced an uphill battle and today were not equal to the task. You have to give some credit to Wasps for a good performance. They watched last week's game and weren't going to let it happen to them. We should have found another set of tactics but the cupboard seemed empty.

Still we have two trophies after four seasons of nothing. We really can't complain - too much - and we will win the HC next year.
AND THE TIGERS ARE GETTING HUNGRY....
Spheroide
Tiger Cub

Post by Spheroide »

How dare you say my support is so fickle.

I watched my first Tigers game in 1953 and unwaveringly through the amateur era when 3,500 on a cold winters day was a great turnout.

I will support any Leicester sportsman who is giving 100% effort but not the overpaid users who ply their trade as mercinaries to the highest bidders, or the sandbaggers looking for pro glory.

YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST GAME... And that my friend in this context is NOT VERY GOOD AT ALL !.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Give me the one trophy that actually means something the HC anyday over 2 trophys that are nothing trophys.

So we won 2 trophys but a mickey mouse cup and a trophy for winning a league we didn't win is nothing compared to the one that really matters which is Champions of europe. As we have seen all too often in the past we bottled the really big one AGAIN.
burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by burly bill mclaren »

tigers are a top team but they aint got a sella, a habana, a lynagh, etc they arent really blessed with world class players just a lof of very very good players, with 100% commitment and team ethic. that is the reality. I do think the constant ignoring of varndell is a mistake too
H E RICHARDS
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I mean fickle because I disagree that this is the only game/result that matters - and how long you've supported or followed the team is irrelevant. Don't you agree that the EDF and the GP trophies are worth winning? We won those, we achieved a record no one said would ever happen at Thomond Park - surely that counts for something?

And who are you accusing of being "overpaid users who ply their trade as mercinaries to the highest bidders, or the sandbaggers looking for pro glory"?
Shane? Pat? Gibbo? or was that aimed at me? I'm not being confrontational, I honestly want to understand who you mean by that phrase.
Demelza - another Mother
Spheroide
Tiger Cub

Post by Spheroide »

Mercinaries.... "Imported individuals who have no allegiance to the entity they represent other than to be rewarded financially for their services". I chose to add the word overpaid, (if it wasn't for the wage cap 'overpaid' would really mean 'overpaid'). Rugby would go the footie route if not being controlled.

We have fallen right into the critical hands of the rest of the rugby world today by not turning up.
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

Guys, what's the matter to you? Yes we were below par today and that 2 tries were complete shockers. Credit to the Wasps management who were incredibly intelligent in their midfield selection and effectively strangled us there.
Still, didn't you see our bodies flying all the park? Moody in particular has been my player for a long time.
Yes we missed out on the big prize but on the whole we have come thus far in this treble campaign, it's a long season for the lads, if you take into account their international duties as well. In fact, I doubt there's anyone who has worked as hard as our guys. So why can't take some positives out of it instead of critising the lads out there so quickly?
I doubt any side in the world could have fought a 3 front battle like we did today, so I'm proud.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Yes, I understand the term, I just don't understand who you think fits the bill. Which players/coaches are in that category? I don't personally think that any of our players would come under that description or would deserve to be considered so.
Demelza - another Mother
Spheroide
Tiger Cub

Post by Spheroide »

Oh ! if you want me to name names then the mercinaries are all those who are not 'Leicester men through and through, Leicester men good and true'.

Martin Corry, Georden Murphy and Pat Howard, are the exceptions, these boys having become honorary 'Leicester men'. The rest have a lot still to prove.
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

Spheroide wrote:Oh ! if you want me to name names then the mercinaries are all those who are not 'Leicester men through and through, Leicester men good and true'.

Martin Corry, Georden Murphy and Pat Howard, are the exceptions, these boys having become honorary 'Leicester men'. The rest have a lot still to prove.
Right so basically, only those who have played rugby their entire lives for Leicester are good enough for you.
No8

Post by No8 »

Sorry Spheroide, you really are talking out of your @rse and I think your comments are insulting in the extreme. It was a very tired and naive performance today, but all the players gave 100% and have done all season. Unfortunately, today 100% wasn't enough with such a poor game-plan.
Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

Yes we were well beaten today I'm afraid, but to say the players were a disgrace is totally out of order in my view.

For what it's worth, and everybody will have their own opinions, we lost for two main reasons:-

1. Wasps, as they are always likely to do, won the psychology battle - they got under our skin and that causes some doubt to crrep in - then panic - and that tipped the balance in terms of our skill levels and tactical thinking.

2. Our tactics against the blitz defence did not work. We just kept running at them but the pressure from their defence caused us to turnover ball and knock on time and time again. We needed to try something different but seemed unable.

And that's it we were beaten by the better side on the day, but the season overall has seen good improvement, two trophies and is a success and not a disgrace.
Luke
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luke »

Spheroide, I was dreading looking at the forum in fear that people would take the opinion you have done. You are entitled to it, but I think it is incredibly short-sighted, and yes Rizzo is right - fickle.

I am proud of all our players.

Wasps performance was absolutely brilliant. It hurts me to say it but they were truly class from 1-15. Our boys have had an incredibly long season - in Chuter's words "the never-ending season". I think you underestimate how much effort it is to play so many big names in a row. I saw absolutely no lack of effort today, just tired limbs facing superb tactics. The likes of Cozza, Murphy, Moody and Ayerza were still going even when the game was lost.

To say the GP and EDF are worthless is almost unbelievable. Were you saying that last week when we pummelled Gloucester?? After the epic against Ospreys?? Do you suggest next season we give up on the league, don't bother with the playoffs and just concentrate on the HC??

Some perspective is needed please.