Has anyone been ripped off for tickets yet?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Adamspoon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Has anyone been ripped off for tickets yet?

Post by Adamspoon »

I've been looking around for tickets this week and have had lots of people e-mail me and say they'll courier me the tickets once i pay them.

Now i'm sure 90% of them are completely genuine but there must be some scammers out there too. Personally i don't fancy sending 100s of pounds to someone i've never met before and trusting them to send me the tickets.

Has anyone had a bad experience?
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Nope - I made sure I had telephone numbers which I phoned and address.... no worries at all and we've got our tickets.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Adamspoon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Adamspoon »

Nik wrote:Nope - I made sure I had telephone numbers which I phoned and address.... no worries at all and we've got our tickets.
Yea, like i say i'm sure the vast majority are completely genuine dissapointed Munster etc. fans but my point is that if your tickets hadn't come through you'd have had absolutely no come back, even with an address and phone number!
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

I was fortunate to have mine sent the night that I spoke to the person I got mine from, so my payment and the tickets cross somewhere just north of wales probably.
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

No problems.

Mine arrived in the original packagin from ticket disaster.

I have the ladies home phone number (have spoken with her) and address

Also her membership number at Munster.

I put some money in the Matt Hampso bucket on Saturday instead of re-imbrsing her postage (at ehr request)

In return sending over a couple of Matt Hampson friendship bands
Come on Tigers!!!
shelts
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by shelts »

Adamspoon
There are 2 tickets being advertised on my Intranet at work - 2 for £90
At 4.30 today they were still available.
These will be genuine and they are in Leicester.
If you wish to PM your name and phone number I will get hold of the seller tomorrow and try and put you both together.
If unsuccesful - I will ring you and advise accordingly
Will Carling "If the game is run properly as a professional game, you do not need 57 old farts running rugby."
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

The Munster supporter who kindly sold 3 of theirs to me was happy to post the tickets before I paid.

P Cluney of Limerick, I salute you. :thumb:
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

Alternatively there are people on ebay and elsewhere who are offering payment once you've received the tickets. Can't say fairer than that surely! There are going to be so many bargains around this week.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Quite the opposite .. i was sent 4 tickets by a munster fan .. £260 worth ...before i had paid him.. i paid him that day needless to say .. all face value.. we had spoken first...

Sure there is a risk but also there are lot of genuine fans out there
Adamspoon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Adamspoon »

shelts wrote:Adamspoon
There are 2 tickets being advertised on my Intranet at work - 2 for £90
At 4.30 today they were still available.
These will be genuine and they are in Leicester.
If you wish to PM your name and phone number I will get hold of the seller tomorrow and try and put you both together.
If unsuccesful - I will ring you and advise accordingly
Thanks a lot, but i'm after 4 and have a couple of possibles lined up.

Glad to hear everyone's had good experiences so far!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

It's a question of trust isn't it, and I'd like to think that rugby fans in general are pretty decent people.

I initially bought 1 for me and 1 for my son, but then the wife and daughter decided they wanted a piece of the (hopefully) treble as well ! So bought 4 from a lovely lady in Limerick, our post passed over Wales somewhere and she got my cheque, I got the tickets a day later. Then Gate has kindly taken the other tickets from me.

Everyone's a winner ! :yay:
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I've not heard of anyone who has had any problems yet. I myself purchased two for a friend from a London based Munster fan. Quick, painless and helpful correspondence.

Worth pointing out though that you should always operate with caution buying tickets in this way. The club, this forum, the administrators or indeed the moderators cannot be held liable for any tickets that do not arrive.

Buying by cheque is possibly your safest option, as at least then you could cancel the cheque if your tickets were to go AWOL. Always ensure you get full contact details for the seller as well.
Col_B
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Col_B »

You could always pay via paypal, ok it's not foolproof but at least you have some comeback if it goes pete tongue!!

Got to be honest I've managed to secure 10 tickets for me and a few friends thanks to a great munster fans.

And better still that means at least 4 less ST holders not getting their tickets through the club, so that someone else can have them :oD
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

I was just about to suggest paypal col.

I know it can be a hard situation to place that trust in someone, especially when they are mainly in Ireland, but I think 99% of them would be genuine as long as you have addresses, phone numbers etc you should be ok.

The sheer volume of people that have been advertising on here is overwhelming. Great to see.
RayDTuTu

Post by RayDTuTu »

You have NO protection with PayPal
All it does is keep your credit/debit card details secret.
It is not an Escrow.
They will not help you get your money back if you are ripped off.