shane jennings--tiger through and through

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

stripey6

shane jennings--tiger through and through

Post by stripey6 »

first and foremost,well done tigers for putting gloucester in their place. i have never enjoyed leicester's games with them down the years.there always seems to be some other agenda at work with them.but yesterday was different,they were well beaten and could have no excuses.lastly, i would like to gauge reaction on how much leicester will miss shane jennings next year? as a back rower myself i can honestly say that he is one of the most hard working players on the park.his reading of the game is masterful and the amount of unglamorous stuff he does is phenomenal.leicester always seem to have good back rowers in the club, but jennings is the one that i wouldn't like to come up against. hopefully , leicester will honour him and leo with a fitting finale next weekend!!!
"give me fuel give me fire give me that which i desire"
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

He has been superb for 2 seasons for us and if he doesn't start at 7 for Ireland then EOS is even more bonkers than I think he is!

Massive respect to Shane he can join the list as a true Tiger legend we seem to know how to get top quality 7's, a big act for someone next season to follow just don't let Moody play there it just doesn't work.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:He has been superb for 2 seasons for us and if he doesn't start at 7 for Ireland then EOS is even more bonkers than I think he is!
no chance - Wallace will have that shirt nailed down, Jennings is going to be played at 6 (if he even starts) of benched - this ireland team has been together too long to let jennings just walk into the back row - this is off course, unjust as Eddie OS is an :censored:. Jenno will really have to impress against the Argies to try and nail a starting spot.
huntsatiger

Post by huntsatiger »

Shane Jennings has put in quality performances for the tigers consistantly throughout his time at the club. He is out and out the best No 7 in the UK maybe even the northern hemisphere. EOS has to play him, he gets through much more work than any of the other Irish 7s. Shame he is not English!
Huntsatiger
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

I'm still trying to get to terms with the prospect of no Jenno next season. :shake:

Still, looking on the bright side, wouldn't it be fine if he were to score the winner against the Pests?

And I agree - I just cannot see how EO'S can justify his continuing refusal to give Jenno at least a shot from the bench to show what he can do in the green.
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

I'd go so far as to put Jenno forward as being better than Backy...seems to pop up in the same places as Backy, doing the dirty work on the floor, but also has the size and pace to do a better support and finishing role in open play.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

he could try and see how far he can push the ref :roll: :mad: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

kornboy130 wrote: no chance - Wallace will have that shirt nailed down, Jennings is going to be played at 6 (if he even starts) of benched - this ireland team has been together too long to let jennings just walk into the back row.

It'll be interesting to see how conservative Ireland and probably northern hemisphere rugby is. The All Blacks don't have any problem bring in new players to a side which is established. It is this constant turnover that keeps them fresh and consistently challenging. Our problem seems to be a reluctance to introduce new talent when the time is right. I feel a prime example of this problem is Ollie Smith. He was never given a true shot at England and feel his form has suffered as a consequence of the knock back. I know injuries haven't helped but there was a point when it was right for him to be given a decent shot and he was ignored. I have a horrible feeling the same will happen with Danny Hipkiss.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

[quote="Gate"]I'm still trying to get to terms with the prospect of no Jenno next season. :shake:

Me too, if Gibbo goes as well I'll be suicidal! :cry:
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Moose....that is a very very bold statement !!! Yes, Jennings has had 2 fantastic season with us and will be missed, but Neil Back is up there with Johnno as a true Tigers legend...back was the best link-up 7 England have ever had imo...in world terms I would put him up with Michael Jones and Richie McCaw as one of the all-time greats.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Hoepfully after EOS has used Shane and then discareded him( just as he has this season with Geordan) Shane will realise he has made a huge mistake and come back to Tigers. I personally wouldn't be upset if he wanted to come back to Tigers he's brill.

Shane if you decide to come back to England to play rugby just make sure it's with Tigers. :lol:
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

Agree. Jennings is a Lord.
Tigers will find a replacement. (maybe not straight away) After all, they did when Backy retired.
Looking to get a signed photo from Tigers Legends for MH
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Agree with what has been said about Shane.

Just wish he wasn't going back to the green fields of Ireland.

I wish Eddie O'Sullivan would see some sense and realise how good Jenno is.

Not that we need such intervention as Shane is great enough on his own but maybe a similair intervention as the "Hand of Back" would do us fine next week!! ;o) ;o)
stripey6

Post by stripey6 »

it seems i'm not the only one who feels that shane has been a huge player for leicester over the last two years!! as for a replacement-i have watched ben herring over a few games and he is a handful.he seems to know where the ball is and his judgement and positioning around the park is good.
"give me fuel give me fire give me that which i desire"
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

westwinds31 wrote:Moose....that is a very very bold statement !!! Yes, Jennings has had 2 fantastic season with us and will be missed, but Neil Back is up there with Johnno as a true Tigers legend...back was the best link-up 7 England have ever had imo...in world terms I would put him up with Michael Jones and Richie McCaw as one of the all-time greats.
Bold maybe, and admittedly only based really on the latter half of this season as he's got into some stupendous form. How about as a compromise i say that, should he continue in the same vein, he'll certainly be up their with Backy?