cooke-1
Top Cat
Top Cat

Harry Ellis

Post by cooke-1 »

Any news on injury yet?
fierysam

Post by fierysam »

I believe its a cruciate knee ligament that's gone.... was talking with his dad last night - he was going to pick him up from the hospital, after an exploratory op.... :o(
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

Oh lovely :roll:
babylon

Post by babylon »

fierysam wrote:I believe its a cruciate knee ligament that's gone.... was talking with his dad last night - he was going to pick him up from the hospital, after an exploratory op.... :o(
Confirms what I said yesterday.
alex_111
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by alex_111 »

bbc say hes out for the season
CornishTiger07

Post by CornishTiger07 »

Update on BBC website, Harry is out for the rest of the season!
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

.........and faces a race to be fit for the World Cup.
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Just confirmed on my mobile. :o( :o(

Not very pleased about this, especially if as Nik says he had knee problems before Saturday. Given what has happened and the fact that Scott has been out for some time, he should have been rested for at least the most part and this may not have occurred.

Not only has the action of our coaches cost Harry his chance in the next two finals, it has made things more difficult for us in these two games, it has possibly cost Harry any chance of games before the World Cup and quite possibly cost him any chance of playing in the World Cup.

This is very bad news and I think we may have to look into taking on a temporary scrum-half as we seem to have done in some of the forwards positions as Harry could be out until nearly Xmas.

WELL DONE PAT AND COCKERS!! COULDN'T IMAGINE THE LIKES OF SIR ALEX FERGUSON MAKING SUCH A MUCK UP!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Thats right, jump on the coaches backs. If Harry hadn't have played on Saturday and we'd have lost, people would have been asking why he wasn't picked, etc. and calling the coaches all sorts. as it happens, rugby is a physical game and no one can predict who is gonna get injured.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Blimey...
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

To be fair to the coaching staff if you had a must win game to play, you'd want your best players playing wouldn't you?
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

That's hardly a reasoned response. Don't imagine we'd be able to put a team on the pitch at this stage in the season if everybody who had knocks was rested. Presume Harry would have been keen to play and injuries happen in rugby. Compared to other teams I think our coaching squad have been ultra careful with our players this season, which is borne out by the injury stats, with far less of our players injured than most other teams. Am just gutted for Harry, as he's had a great season and will be very badly missed on Saturday and next weekend. Hurling ill-considered abuse in the direction of the coaching staff seems a fairly pathetic response to an unfortunate injury.
Joe The Tigers Fan
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

I'm sure Harry really wanted to play too. I dont think yuo can blame the coaches. I am gutted though. Unfortunately, Murphy is not in the same class :cry:
Last edited by Pellsey on Tue May 08, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

Simon, if harry goes to the world cup and england do avg. we will lose here until nearly xmas even if he is fit, what happens if he gets a inj. at the world cup?? could miss the whole season.

think you being total of the mark on this one.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Oh come on Simon!

Had it been a meaningless game I could have understood your frustration but this was a "must win" game if we were to make the final and therefore the coaches (rightly) chose the best possible side for the match!

Surely you can't blame the coaches for playing their 1st choice SH in a Semi Final?

As Crivvens says, had Ellis been rested and we had lost you'd have been complaining that they should have picked him!

These things happen in rugby. You play players & occasionally they get injured. Harry was just unfortunate.
shoppers
Tiger Cub

Post by shoppers »

I doubt there's a single player in the squad who isn't carrying an injury into games at this stage of the season, it's inevitable.

Besides, it looked as if the injury was caused by his studs sticking in the turf causing his knee to lock and then buckle which is a common cause of this type of injury.

But where one door closes another one opens so please step up Mr F Murphy. Not sure what we'll do if he's crocked though....Humphreys?