goodbye to Pat

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wendys
Tiger Cub

goodbye to Pat

Post by Wendys »

I have just returned from the match and have to say that I was disgusted to see so many fans leave on the whistle and not stay and say goodbye to PH, Jennings, Cullen and Buckland, men who have given so much to the tigers. A pity they couldn't spare a few extra minutes to shown their appreciation to PH and the players. Those that stay gave them a warm send off.

I wish all of them good luck for the future, and thanks for everything. Lets hope we can send them off as treble winners!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I stayed, I think we owe so much to Pat it was only right that we showed him how much we appreciated his efforts. Shame about the Rolf Harris CD though, don't they have a better version of Waltzing Matilda?

Also appreciation to Jennings, Cullen and Buckland all the best to all them in the future.
boomshanka10

Post by boomshanka10 »

You cant beat a good old sing song with Rolf...All the best to Pat Shane Leo and Buckland Many Thanks Boys .....
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

A lot of us did dtay though.

Pat seemed more emotional this week than last.

Theses guys have all served us well:

Pat, Shane, Leo & Cabbage

Good luck for the future

and

Thanks
Come on Tigers!!!
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

You do have to appreciate that fans have to catch trains, or have long journeys. 8.05pm at home, in Loughborough!, suggests you fractured a speed limit or two. We got to the carpark at 7.50! We left our seat, because the little person needed a "comfort break". We were at the clubhouse end as Pat, and Jennings, who will be missed next season, and the rest came round. Some fans weren't even there, about 4000.
Many of those leaving will be going on to HQ for the next two weeks. Plus, some will have had plans already booked anticipating Tigers playing earlier in the afternoon. Leave the backbiting and arguing to occur between the opposition forwards and backs! Mr Regan, a real motivator!!!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I stayed. he's been really great especially this season, managing the appearance to give us the best possible team when it really matters, i.e. now.

enjoyed the Waltzing Matilda as well and hope we can sing it again twice at Twickenham.

I wish there had been some sort of presentation to him - perhaps he didn't want that sort of fuss though.

in summary, as others have said, THANKS, PAT. all the best for the future
Mr Macca

Post by Mr Macca »

I'll be saying goodbye to Pat at the Heineken Cup Final - hopefully just like the last time in Paris!!

Can we have a sticky on this - sending on our good wishes?!
On the first day of Tigers my true love sent to me
a Graham Rowntree
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I think it would be best if we create one next week sometime, and I'll see to it then.In the meantime, you can always write or send a thankyou/good luck message to Pat and to any of the players who are leaving by addressing directly to them at the Club's postal address.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Rizzo

Totally agree with your sentiments.

A sticky when we have or have not won the quadruple would be most approprieate. Eralier woudl be premature!!!
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

Is disgusted not a bit strong? I'd apologise for having to leave my seat as i had things to do and places to go, but i don't see the need to.

Personally, i'm disgusted that you feel the need to have a go at people for having a life outside watching rugby.
Oadbywonder

Post by Oadbywonder »

Will it not make sense to make our goodbyes at the last game ie. The HC
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
bazzwick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by bazzwick »

Moose wrote:Is disgusted not a bit strong? I'd apologise for having to leave my seat as i had things to do and places to go, but i don't see the need to.

Personally, i'm disgusted that you feel the need to have a go at people for having a life outside watching rugby.
Good post moose.

Was thinking exactly the same myself.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: goodbye to Pat

Post by unohoo »

Wendys wrote:I have just returned from the match and have to say that I was disgusted to see so many fans leave on the whistle and not stay and say goodbye to PH, Jennings, Cullen and Buckland, men who have given so much to the tigers.
Stand and applaud some people I am fans of, but don't know, get get to Grandfathers surprise 90th birthday party before he got there.

I left the ground. I'm a disgrace to the club. :roll:
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

1200 posts vs a lot less!
I think Wendy has to show more of an allegiance before the sort of comments of "disgusted" are hers to make.
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

It's not even the post numbers though imo (tongue in cheek though i suspect your post was).
Fair play to those that did stay to wave PH and the boys off, but unfortunately the world does not stand still for rugby...speaking personally, i was due in Coventry about 30mins after the game finished...due to driving like a loon, i just about made it, but i simply can't afford to sit about waiting, and i suspect it's the same for many others.
When we go to Twickers (HC final, can't afford that and the GP playoffs) then i'll be around as long as the next man...unless he's a Wasps fan, cause he's going to want to leave early :oP