DISGRACE IN THE COMMENTARY BOX

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PlymouthPaul

DISGRACE IN THE COMMENTARY BOX

Post by PlymouthPaul »

Was it Morris in the commentary box actually cheering Tuilagi's sin binning and then moments later at the line out cheering Brizzle on?

Listening to some of the chat you'd be hard pressed to know there were two teams in the game.

He might not liek Tigers but he might make some attempt to be even-handed so he doesn't sound like a complete numpty.
AND THE TIGERS ARE GETTING HUNGRY....
Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

I have to agree that was the worst commentary I have ever heard. All Morris wanted was for Bristol to beat Leicester.

When Tuilagi was sent off and Bristol got a 5m scrum he was shouting with joy 'This is it...Bristols big chance, Game On, Bristol can do it. But even worse a few miniute laters when Bristol had a line out on our 22 I couldn't believe it when he actualty shouted out 'Come on Bristol'. All through the game it was Bristol, Bristol, Bristol...

Totally unprofessional commentating - Stuart Barnes isn't a patch on this fellow
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

i think we're overly harsh on mr.barnes - i think he speaks his mind not just his bias - but if this is true - then its an absolute disgrace.
emmacw
Tiger Cub

Post by emmacw »

Got a bit tired of hearing " come on Bristol - you deserve it!" I'm sure they did, but we could do without the biased comments all the way through the game!

Come on commentators - sort yourselves out. You'd think we have been playing Wasps, cause the commentary then is just as bad.

Don't you hate being the "Man U" of rugby!
www.thunderonline.com.....THUNDER RULE!!

GO TIGERS.. :-)
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Barnes would speak his mind if he had one. Dewi just speaks out the orifice he normally sits on. Just watch his vague attempts to look animated in the "tactics zone" on SKY!

Time for some modern, up to date punditry!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

he looks like the 'laughing policeman', even that dummy used for the laughing policeman has more brains than dewi, he was a right muppet today.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Tweentown wrote:I have to agree that was the worst commentary I have ever heard. All Morris wanted was for Bristol to beat Leicester.

When Tuilagi was sent off and Bristol got a 5m scrum he was shouting with joy 'This is it...Bristols big chance, Game On, Bristol can do it. But even worse a few miniute laters when Bristol had a line out on our 22 I couldn't believe it when he actualty shouted out 'Come on Bristol'. All through the game it was Bristol, Bristol, Bristol...

Totally unprofessional commentating - Stuart Barnes isn't a patch on this fellow
He cheered and laughed. A disgrace. The sin binning was also wrong.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I don't think Morris is necessarily biased, I just think he is poor. Barnes, as I have often posted, is excellent.

Morris is his antithesis. His comments on the rugby club are (IMO) banal and show a surprising lack of knowledge and perception.
Jim, the Glaws fan
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jim, the Glaws fan »

I think you'll find he was applauding Chris White, for finally going into his pocket, something that he is very shy to do. It had nothing to do with bias.
Looking forward to a cracking final, just a shame the tickets are so damn expensive!
Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Jim, the Glaws fan wrote:I think you'll find he was applauding Chris White, for finally going into his pocket, something that he is very shy to do. It had nothing to do with bias.
Looking forward to a cracking final, just a shame the tickets are so damn expensive!
Hi Jim

Welcome :oD
I think some on here still remember Morris dancing a jig at the final last year, when Sale hammered us. To be honest, I just think he's a muppet.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

......I think my REAL complaint, (Apart from an irrational dislike of Barnes and Morris) is that these guys were around in the good ol' amateur days. Surley we could get more decent comment from the likes of Greenwood? Folk who have played in the professional era??
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Big Dai, you are quite right. Greenwood is articulate, knows the traits of most players and is a student of the game. His comments actually mean something, whereas Morris is plain dull. I've always like Barnes, despite some saying that he doesn't favour Tigers.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Jim, the Glaws fan wrote:I think you'll find he was applauding Chris White, for finally going into his pocket, something that he is very shy to do. It had nothing to do with bias.
Exactly ! DM was going on about all the foul play ( inc. a very bit of cynical "ball-killing" on our 5 meter line by Deacon(?) and was just appaulding the ref for finally binning some one. He was very complementry about Leicester as well.

I get really bored the way some people here think the world is against us. They are not. We DO cheat, it's just we do it better than the rest !
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !