New shirt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

welike2party

shirt

Post by welike2party »

i think its gr8 n the green shorts 2, it makes a change from the old stuff shows that were goin wit the new. and i always liked the tigers head but i like this badge better
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

:chuck:

I REALLY can't see myself in that. Looks like a case of getting a cheap shirt or two in this season's colours, and maybe digging the old Vauxhall and Goldstar/Next items out of the wardrobe. Wonder if they still fit?
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

I'm sure a lot of people will have said they disliked the current shirt when it was released! It is the same cycle every time, people in general dont like change. i'm sure it will grow on us all
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

Yeah I disliked the current one at first but like it now. But the new one is really new-new... but the current one is more traditional for Leicester! I'm not so sure about the new one... Too much white
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

Your husband suits it though Hannah ;o)

I will be getting mine as soon as I have a few pennies saved up
Mid Lander

Post by Mid Lander »

How would you guys feel if we had our kit supplied by someone else???

What would you make of Nike?
Does anyone know why none of the english clubs haven't gone for them?
Dazz

Post by Dazz »

I have to say I like it!!!

My only gripe is the comment made on the website that
'we have combined a traditional rugby jersey look with a fresh, contemporary design incorporating a bold and bright stripe repeat...'

How fresh is the design when it mirrors that of Gloucesters Stirp in the 2004/05 season? :o?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 275029.stm

Still, I say again I do like it and I shalll be purchasing on Saturday! :oD
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

I wouldnt be opposed to a new supplier. I prefer the match quality shirts as opposed to the standard style, and really like the Nike ones that England wear, however they are so expensive to buy.
MarkH
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by MarkH »

The problem with Nike is that they appear to be the laziest designers around. Use the same design for everybody just changing the colours. Look at England, France and Toulouse shirts :roll:
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

I don't think its a case of a club not picking nike but nike not picking a club.....

Also, we are bound up with Cotton Traders for ages due to Next Sponsorship and the links that exist etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure Canterbury/Nike could do a great shirt for us, but its just not going to happen. Which in my opinon is a bit of a shame.

I get a bit confused by Tigers and sponsorship. Next makes sense yes. But bradstone - I am under the impression that is something to do with a Director etc. (is it Wheeler?) But if it is, why put his own companies money intot he club? Why not a bigger brand willing to put loads in? Saves Director money, gets Tigers more probably.

If Tigers are truely the best team in Europe, and one of the best teams in the World, then they should get some decent designers. The crest is truely horrible (it looks like a childrens version of the real thing from some computer game), and the planning behind the new kit and dark/light issues is a complete short-sighted farce.
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

I like the new crest as well! Guess I am in a minority on that though
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

My old one ain't worn out yet!!!

And I gonna have to change the cry!!

KEEP THE FAITH !!
Mid Lander

Post by Mid Lander »

I imagine the people that have to pass the designs or sumbit proposals aren't very savvy when it comes to design/graphic design.

I am a freelance designer/illustrator and it would be fair to say that the Tigers are really lacking in this area. They have to think of how it would look on supporters and nit just the players. Remember Man U's grey kit in years gone by? So bad the players wouldn't wear it.

And it isn't just us. I think the other clubs that have got Cotton Traders don't really have a kit to shout about. (I also can't stand Kooga either!).

Its a shame the Tigers are stuck with a long deal with CT. Would have been really exciting to see what NIKE have to offer for all of the kit inc. leisure wear.

I agre about the crest, 4, a bit too slick. would look good on leicester tigers for PS3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

Nah, you need a bit more white in there Bill!!

I reckon its more like:
KEEP THE FAITH

Although unfortunately you need a lot more letters!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

4 wrote:I get a bit confused by Tigers and sponsorship. Next makes sense yes. But bradstone - I am under the impression that is something to do with a Director etc. (is it Wheeler?) But if it is, why put his own companies money intot he club? Why not a bigger brand willing to put loads in? Saves Director money, gets Tigers more probably.
Peter Tom is Chief Exec of Aggregate Industries UK. Bradstone is a brand name within that group.