New shirt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Luke
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luke »

I don't like it because it doesn't look like a Leicester Tigers shirt. It's as simple as that really.

However, that would never stop me buying one so I'll be coughing up £45 with the rest of you!
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

I saw it just now and thought 'Meh', it dosen't really jump out at me like the one we've worn for the past 2 seasons.
Hopefully it'll grow on me, but I'll still be picking mine up tomorrow. 8o)
Blimey...
dangough

Post by dangough »

I would have liked more red and thinner white bands but it is OK. I remember seeing the current away strip and thinking it was horrid but I quite like it now. I'm sure this will be the same although I think the club has always got a tough job when they move away from the traditional pattern.

I will decide whether I want one after the Heineken final. (I have developed a superstition about wearing the 2001 strip on Heineken days. If we win then the current strip will replace that). The new Mrs Gough will probably get one as she only has a black top at the moment which just won't do against Wasps at Twickenham!!!

Not a huge fan of the new crest but that is just because I think it is poorly done rather than a bad idea.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

I quite like it, to be honest. But it does seem a little "light" considering the rules about light and dark kit. I'm sure all will be fine though! To those who don't like it, just be glad you're not a Stade fan!!
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

SPIKE@srufc wrote:Text came at 10 past, giving the cost, the size he thinks he needs and pointing out we will be going to 'the shop' Monday so we can just pick it up.

Seems the new shirt gets the thumbs up from the kids as his mate's dad just rung and mentioned he'd had a similar text only it ended 'spike is going to WR on sunday he can get me one.......'
It was obviously the extra detail that slowed him down a bit!! :oD
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Iain wrote:Football clubs, as rugby clubs, cannot change their kit any sooner than 2 years at a go.
Iain, regretably the ospreys & all the welsh regions have changed their kit every season since 2003. A worrying trend if you ask me but it doesn't seem to stop them selling a load of every season.

I like the new tigers shirt though, I see a purchase coming on.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

A wee conservative to me, I expected a more significant change. Anyway I like it, I hope the Powers That Be give us the opportunity to come and buy one any time next season.

If you were supporters of the Stade Français, you'd see what "changing kits" means...

We have three different nuances of blue, two tones of pink, red plus red turning to orange, green making its arrival this year, thunderbolts being gradually replaced by flowers... I wouldn't be surprise if our boss would pick "my favourite things" as a club anthem...
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Pedigree Chum
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pedigree Chum »

Tigersfan90 wrote:Hopefully it will grow on me. First thoughts – looks slightly old fashioned and not to keen on the logo. It does look more like an away shirt.

The red isn't very prominent, are we trying to lose the famous Red and Green? For Green and White. I don't think we should.

I agree, we should be Green, Scarlet and White. Does anyone else think it looks like Sarries kit last weekend ?
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Its not a Tigers shirt its truly bland, the present shirt is the best in years as its based on Leicester Rugby Football Club colours, where is the RED!!!!

Saying that will still be buying one...Well getting one as a pressie! Will they be doing them with Names & Numbers on again as its the only way my daughter will have one!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Wigstontiger

Post by Wigstontiger »

Not keen on this one at all, love the current one so shall stick to it at least for a while. Don't like the lack of red - not tigers colours at all, I'm afraid.
Mid Lander

Post by Mid Lander »

A Big thumbs down from me also. Really can't stand it. Thought the previous 2 were good but this is terrible.

Cotton Traders should hire some new designers ( or ask me! http://users.wmin.ac.uk/~w0313408 ). Their other clothes are aimed at old folk and it seems to have rubbed off onto our club.

I'd be happy if somone else supplied out kit for the sake of the designs. I like the canterbury kit and Nike are pretty good.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

There was a huge hue and cry when the stripes were lost after the 2001 season but the subsequent shirts became classics. Many are still worn today.

I think this kit will grow on us. At the end of the day, it's the players and fans that make the club - not the shirt per se.

I wonder how many games Tigers have played wearing the away kit - with no red or green on - this season. I wonder if it is more than in the regular kit. I am sure some statto wil be able to tell us. :oD
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I do like the current one, but I quite like this new one as well. There seems to be a lot of white in it for a kit that should be predominently dark, but apart from that, yeah I think I could live with this.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
huntsatiger

Post by huntsatiger »

Not sure on the new shirt, too much white; looks like a London Irish Away strip from a couple of years ago.
Huntsatiger
hohe
Top Cat
Top Cat

shirts

Post by hohe »

i am lovin the new shirts. just seen the murcery with moody showing it off and thought wow :shock: