Leicester v Bristol - Your Thoughts Please

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Leicester v Bristol - Your Thoughts Please

Post by tigermad »

Leicester face Bristol in the GP Semi-Finals this weekend wth a trip to Twickenham for the winners. Leicester are on the verge of something incredible this season thanks in no small margin to the incredible supporters. Leicester should have a bit too much for Bristol but what do you think boys and girls? team selection? Leicester to secure another Twickenham visit this weekend.

LEICESTER TIGERS - ALWAYS

:mr.green: :mr.green: :mr.green: :mr.green: :mr.green: :mr.green: :mr.green: :mr.green: :mr.green:
Philip J Gray
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I think a lot depends on what side we put out and it will be interesting to see what Pat decides. It's a tricky one, in that you wouldn't want to rest too many in case it backfires and you don't make the final. We all know that if we play last weeks team and they play to their potential, we will win. Bristol will no doubt put up a solid defence and compete as this is all they have to go for. They haven't conceded many points, but they don't score that many either...they are the masters of grinding out the 3 or 4 point wins. Home advantage, momentum and power all point to a Tigers win by at least a converted try for me.
soul261

Post by soul261 »

A tiger win for definate! I agree that it will be interesting to see what team we put out. I think it will be a near full strength squad and then maybe rest some players in the second half. At a guess, we will win by at least 10 points! Twickenham here we come!
I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Normally I'd say Tigers to walk it but having said that Bristol were favorites for relegation this season and spent most of the time sitting pretty at the top!
ALECW

Post by ALECW »

I would say a tigers win by 15 points :oD :oD :oD :oD :oD
USED TO BE WESTMIDS ALEC
SimW

Post by SimW »

if it's the 1st team then we will be strong favourites. if it's the 2nd team then Bristol will be favourites. If it's a mix then it will be a tough game but home territory will count a lot.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I can't understand why we would put out a weakened team or considerably weakened team as those that played last week have had a week's rest, we are supposed to be gunning for the treble, and surely we would want to give ourselves the maximum chance against Bristol by putting out a strong team.

Baring in mind what happened the other Tuesday, I can see no reason for Pat to put out a second team and risk the chance of another big final. I am not sure why one or two are thinking otherwise.

I also think that we will put out a near full strength team if not full strength but I am a little concerned about the thought of resting a few later on given what happened against Wasps last week. We would need to feel comfortable. Unless there are a few injury niggles I can see no reason why last week's team shouldn't start.
SimW

Post by SimW »

simon: No-one's said that we should rest players just that we might. I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes but those players rested will probably be on the bench.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Tigers by 10 or more.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
WilfMan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WilfMan »

I think tigers will win by a comfortable amount :!: :!:

They won't have the power upfront :oP
-
"Forwards decide who win the game, Backs decide by how much"
-
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

It has to be a full strengh squad as 2 days later we have the final of A Team against the insects that is our second team. If we play second team players on Sat we are unlikely to play them on Mon and I can't see us playing a third team on Mon.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
exiledandy

Post by exiledandy »

and also, if he rests players and we don't get through then they will not have played for 3 weeks. Almost certain that we will start with full strength or near to it, and then bring players off in the second half depending on the scoreline.
shareholder
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by shareholder »

i spoke to one of last weeks team at my gym yesterday asked he was fit for Bristol, Yes he said 3 games to go then he was looking forward to a good rest later in the month
old fart
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Well, despite the fears of a few on here, its hardly a weak team isn't it?

Only three rested and the ones that come in aren't too bad!!

Lets hope they do the business.
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

Yep, great line up.

COME ON YOU TIGERS
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind