Baron out?! Players back clubs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Baron out?! Players back clubs

Post by Bud »

According to Radio Leicester this morning the players unions will come out today in total support of the clubs in the fight against the RFU. This will change some senior members of the RFU mind about the shares issue in the HEC and will even see a vote of "no confidence" in the Baron for the running of the situation.

Is this the light at the end of the tunnel?
Ed
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

A flickering candle maybe!
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

hopefully Mr Baron will be gone pretty soon, but i doubt it very much!
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

Like Nik has said, it isnt always what good for the game that gets the go ahead. I would be suprised if he goes so soon
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

We can but dream.
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

I can't see Baron doing the decent thing and fall on his own sword. That man has so many plots and subplots he makes Machiavelli look positively angelic!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Baron OUT. Johnno IN. Thats what I say, at least Johnno would have the players and the clubs at heart.

Where the only thing Baron has in his heart is a big fat money box full of money and no interest in the players or the clubs.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Trouble is fellow rugby supporters, we are loyal to our team and support them to the hilt, so whilst we plough money into supporting our team by going to twickers - our hard earned cash is aiding Mr Baron in getting fatter and inviting more of his FAT corporate friends to dine with him on us.............

DON'T START ME OFF PLEASE.............
Last edited by Nik on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Yelphere
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Yelphere »

The sooner he is gone the better. If the England v SA tour is an example of the level of organisational skills at the RFU - God help English rugby - sheer incompetence!
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

It's starting to look a bit brighter now, clubs (English & French) and now the players together. They really need to get the First Division sides on board as well now.....that will really stitch the RFU.!
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

Baron out - I must be dreaming.

A despotic nomad wandering through a sporting wasteland sporting a huge bulge in his back pocket from an equally huge payout no doubt.

The man has taken so much from rugby and given nothing back. From someone who didnt want the game of union to be professional incase this very thing happened - it turned into a buisness successful even without internationals he is surely in a weak position.

It is time for another new era in rugby - utopia may be a loing way away but maybe with some changes the players may get long term stability, some protection (too late for many who carry injuries game to game) the real fans may get to follow clubs along this wave of new found power.

If only people would vote with their feet and boycott eh internationals the RFU would have to change or crumble at its foundations.

If the players are willing to support the Unions then make sure YOU as fans support the players through this!!
Come on Tigers!!!
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/6597469.stm

The RFU council are voting on Friday to split the RFU shareholding between the RFU and the clubs.
If it's approved don't see how Mr Baron can stay since it's effectively saying they have no confidence in his management

There's a new thread about this
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Alas I doubt very much if FB will fall on his sword. Firtly he has not got a sword and since he does not know which way is up he similarly does not know which way is down!