Bristol Vs Leicester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

I went to the game and was very disappointed. Bristol reminded me of Wuss and how they have maintained thier position is beyond me. I felt we did not get the run of the ball, several chargedowns went back to one of their players for example, and, when we were penalised for crossing, it was the ref in the way who caused it. So, as a positive it does mean Wasps may not make it to the play offs but this season we should be already sure of a home tie really. The system, where our success means we take a side to Bris which they can beat and perhaps make the play offs, is not always satisfactory. Also, our kicking let us down again last night, and could have made all the difference. We should not be out kicked by a little bloke who is only good enough to join Exeter next season! :cry:
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Penalty tries?

Post by salcombe bob »

At Bristol last night, Bris offended a number of times defending their own line. Eventually El Abd was sin binned (yellow card). How come no automatic penalty try? :lol:
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/202_10074.php

The facts are here - however there are lies, damn lies etc etc

My point is you have to watch the match or listen to someone who has before making a judgement.

Lets not go down the road of blaming the ref either - or we risk being rightfully named one eyed tiger fans.

The better team on the night won - end of.
Less is more....
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

Bunchy, you were there of course!! :roll:
bradge
Tiger Cub

Post by bradge »

I wasn't at the game but according to the reports conditions were foul. I watched the Llanelli ospreys game on TV and what promised to be an exciting open running game was destryed by the conditons. Haven't seen so many balls spilt in a long time. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the conditions didn't favour the Tiger's team that went to Bristol - fast mobile pack, speedsters on the wings etc. Might have been a different game had the dry spell lasted another couple of days? Just a thought.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

the weather was wettish but quite nice for rugby i would have thought. :roll:
special t
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by special t »

It was a poor performance by our lads - we knowcked the ball on many times more than them. They had two players binned and yet we didn't take the game to them in these periods particularly well. We can make excuses about having too many matches to play but there were alot of guys out there who should have performed better.

On the plus side though...

Goode and the boys from Saturday (Jennings, Ellis, Cozza,Vesty, etc etc) were two rows back from me and Goode had a long discussion with a couple of Bristol supporters on who had how many points...so he now knows what the situation is! Luck y that!

P.S. Thank you for the ticket Salcombe Bob!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

OK, special t, such a long trip home for me! :cry: :lol:
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Whatever you say Bunchy.

Tigers indiscipline is handing teams the match it's not just a one off it's been happening through out the season. And until the coaches rectify the area it will continue to hurt us.

I would like to see the outcome of the game if we hand Wasps 18 points on a plate. Being the team that they are they will crucify us.

Also I can't fookin win when I don't comment eejits like you comment on why I haven't posted. When I do you still make comment. I will continue to post as and when I like and I will say what I like and if you don't fookin like it then tough. :mad:

Oh and BTW for your information I have said well done to Tigers on winning the EDF and getting through to the HC final.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Eejit ????? WOW, what a mature, well reasoned response. I am most offended :lol: :oD

I commented that you (and a few others) rarely (if ever) comment on the positive but are straight to keyboard when the Tigers lose guessing at why they lost - usually Pat Howards selection or "indiscipline". You never balance this out with praise when his selection goes well, or when the team put in a very disciplined game - I guess this and your response to anything you are questioned on, may be a reflection of your own lack of balance?

If you put as much energy into the positive as you do to your critcism, you may find the world a much happier place to be.
Less is more....
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I am perfectly well balanced thankyou very much.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I saw the smiley thing Kev! I'm not mad, cross or getting at anyone.........JUST :censored: NERVOUS!!!

God! I'm in for a bad spell on Saturday!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Dai tell the mrs that you've come over with an illness, the cure can only be found at Welford Road, tell her you'll get back as soon as you can, i'm sure she'll be as understanding as I would be on these occasions - but being a rugger mad nut I think it rather rude of people to organise their weddings during the rugby season - had we received an invitation I'm afraid we'd have declined :lol: :lol:

ROCK ON BIG DAI, I'LL SHOUT LOUDER FOR YOU HON XX
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
bigstef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bigstef »

[quote="x_tigersgal_x"][quote="andy182"]From the sublime to the rediculous in 72 hours /o\[/quote]
thats the thing, we played so well at weekend and have been thrown into action after very little time at all since the huge game against Scarlets. But cant really fault the lads attempts.[/quote]

I was their, you can fault it, they didn't want it, simple, the game was there for the taking, Holford was awful and i'm one of his biggest fans, but all credit to Bristol who came out all guns blazing and wo more than deserved their crucial win.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

g wrote:Whatever you say Bunchy.

Tigers indiscipline is handing teams the match it's not just a one off it's been happening through out the season. And until the coaches rectify the area it will continue to hurt us.

I would like to see the outcome of the game if we hand Wasps 18 points on a plate. Being the team that they are they will crucify us.

Also I can't fookin win when I don't comment eejits like you comment on why I haven't posted. When I do you still make comment. I will continue to post as and when I like and I will say what I like and if you don't fookin like it then tough. :mad:

Oh and BTW for your information I have said well done to Tigers on winning the EDF and getting through to the HC final.
keep your shirt on you'll give yourself a coronary... i don't particularly care when you do or don't comment, i have now become used to people on this forum that only think a certain way... as i said before you support tigers in your own way... not that i understand you but its your own way... people are allowed to voice there opinion without being called idiots.... they see that mostly you only comment when tigers lose i can't remeber you coming on with a comment like 'good choice PH what a cracking team' ... maybe i have overlooked it.. but no reason to getworked up about it....

chill :oP
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal