Anybody notice?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Anybody notice?

Post by Bill W »

How empty the Ricoh Stadium was?? I know both the Wasps supporters were there but where were the Saints supporters?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

18,500 Apparently. Not too bad in my mind considering all factors (such as relegation and what some people thought was a non-event)....Heard there were to be 6,000 Saints, 8,000 Waspies....so not bad really.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Not too much in excess of a normal Tigers home game then!!

And far fewer than if the opposition had been Munster or Bairritz!!
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

So a very impressive 11000 Scarlets fans can make the trip from west wales. But only 8000 or 9000 Wasps can be bothered to make the trip from High Wycombe. That's dedication to the cause!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

6000 Saints is hardly impressive - particularloy bearing in mind this one was the one Mr. Barnwell wanted to win - so 5000 will have been Corporate Hospitality!!
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

dunc wrote:So a very impressive 11000 Scarlets fans can make the trip from west wales. But only 8000 or 9000 Wasps can be bothered to make the trip from High Wycombe. That's dedication to the cause!
Nope that's all they ever get :)
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

The less Wasps fans the better chance we have to get extra tickets from the disgraceful allocation of tickets for the final!
PlymouthPaul

Post by PlymouthPaul »

The two games were a complete contrast. Ours was a festival of rugby, theirs was a car boot sale on a rainy day.

I don't know whether it was the absence of foreign opposition or a sense that Saints didn't have a chance - a feeling that quickly showed might have been misplaced. Whatever, it was a poor show for a HC semi-final.

On the two showings we should really get the lion's share of the handful of final tickets that are still available. It's outrageous that a club like Leicester should be limited to 15,000 or less tickets.
AND THE TIGERS ARE GETTING HUNGRY....
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

is it any wonder we want more say in the running of the competition.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

My view of the game was that it was far too one-sided in terms of possession and territory for most of the 80 minutes and Saints not having the ability to break down the blitz defence for most of the game and not being able to stem the Wasps waves of attack on the most part made it a less then inspiring game for the neutral and the fact that it was after Wasps got their first try ever likely to be a Wasps made it a gristle like affair.

People thought it was going to be a one-sided contest and I am afraid that was largely what they got as Saints couldn't take it to them enough.

If it had been say Wasps and Biarritz it might have been better supported. I would say though that you would have thought more Wasps fans would be up for this one and it may show that despite all their success in recent years on the pitch they haven't been able to attract huge levels of support off it.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

I was impressed last leay how many 'Sale fans' came out of the woodwork for the GP Final.

I think the same will happen with Wasps now they've reached the Heineken Cup final.

Thinks ... must remember to bring plenty of Vapona to the HC Final ;o)

And a very LARGE fly swat.
LadyRugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LadyRugger »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/6581469.stm - check out the pictures and quotations beneath them.

Can't find anything else otherwise...
I need a hero, I'm holding our for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight - I neeeeeeed one!!!
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

Wasps get 9,000 Tigers 9,000 where are the remaining 52,000 tickets?

I was hoping to get two or three tickets but I have about as much chance as marrying Sophie Ellis Bextor (fingers crossed) We have 12,000 season ticket holders dont we?

I have been to one Final at the Millenium Stadium and there was no problem I bought it direct from the WRU why cant Twickenham do the same? I have been to Ticketmaster and they have none and looks like they wont get any.
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

Lea wrote:Wasps get 9,000 Tigers 9,000 where are the remaining 52,000 tickets?

I was hoping to get two or three tickets but I have about as much chance as marrying Sophie Ellis Bextor (fingers crossed) We have 12,000 season ticket holders dont we?

I have been to one Final at the Millenium Stadium and there was no problem I bought it direct from the WRU why cant Twickenham do the same? I have been to Ticketmaster and they have none and looks like they wont get any.
I've got 10 of the remainder. A group of us go every year regardless of the teams playing. I boughht ours last November. With the Tigers there this year, it will be even better!! :pint: :glug: :guitar: :buddies:
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

thats not a great figure for a semi final game...
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!