STEPHEN JONES

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

just one little thing, this Mr Jones that doesn't cheat by kick.

is it the same guy that was stamping the life out of the munster guys in the game that got them to the walkers???
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

Oh yeah, have to say scarlets are one of the best sides this year in the H-Cup but by far the most un-sporting.

just good to see the better team win and that you need a team to win not just fast paced game in the backs.

P.S Jones wont get cited cause they lost.
Turkish
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Turkish »

dunc wrote:Well he only missed because the player on the ground recoiled his head. Are we to assume that if I were to shoot a gun at you on national television I would escape any punishment if I were to miss and that you would find the act acceptable and not an attempt to cause you serious ill health.
Again the words drama and queen come to mind. Shooting a gun at someone and an incident on a rugby field??? You should really get out more. Dread to think what you'd have compared it to if he'd have connected.

If the shoe was on the other foot (excuse pun) then you'd all be saying well he shouldn't have tackeld him there, he deserved a boot.

And the whistling and football chants - I totally detest them. Totally agree. I wouldn't partake in either if you paid me.
SCARLETS
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

I can't imagine that Jones' confidence is very high at the moment - however good James Hook is, to go from Captain to second choice 10 in the blink of an eye can't be easy for anyone to take.
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
Turkish
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Turkish »

He's not second choice 10. At this moment in time, He's Wales first choice fly half and Wales' captain.
SCARLETS
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

I was making an analogy that just because someone doesn't execute their intended action correctly doesn't make it acceptable. I feel the analogy is valid. In real life just about the worst thing you can do is to (attempt to) kill someone. I think boots near heads in rugby is obscence. It is dangerous and 'he has tackled me is not a valid excuse'. Was Ellis even in the wrong tackling him, was Jones expecting us to just let him run in unopposed when he took the penalty? I wouldn't be standing up for a Leicester player in this situation. The only incident involving a Tigers player that is remotely comparable was when Coz was being choked I think against Bath a couple of years ago and lashed out with his elbow. He got banned for it and completely deserved it but in that scenario the victim had his hands round Corry's throat so the attack was in self defence.
Turkish
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Turkish »

Dunc, if you still think Jones' was guilty of a disgusting assault, then good luck to you in the rest of your rugby watching days. Thats all I can say.

Just out of curiosity, was Neil Back's flooring of Joe Worseley a few seasons ago a "disgusting assault" as well?
SCARLETS
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Turkish wrote:Dunc, if you still think Jones' was guilty of a disgusting assault, then good luck to you in the rest of your rugby watching days. Thats all I can say.

Just out of curiosity, was Neil Back's flooring of Joe Worseley a few seasons ago a "disgusting assault" as well?
at the risk of being the 3rd, possibly fourth personb on here to have 2 eyes open - yes it was, but it was provoked - but neil back over reacted considerably too much - much like manu on saturday - provoked, but a massive over reaction - but yes, neil back was a very passionate player - and this sometimes saw him in a bit of bother hither and dither... like pushing over a referee :oP
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

I'm afraid I can't remember that specific incident. Was it Worsley pulling Backy back at the tail of a lineout. Backy turns and punches him or am I making that up? In my opinion fists are more acceptable than kicking people in the head. I thinkyou'll find most referees do to. Very rare you get a red card for a punch. There is no way you would escape a red if you kicked a player anywhere let alone the head. Just admit that kicking is wrong and has no place in rugby.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Turkish wrote:..........
Yes. Unquestionably.

If Jones did anything then he will get cited. If not, he won't. End of (for me, at least).
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

ah yes... but citing comissioners do get many things wrong - to be honest, jones didnt connect and therefore should not eb citied, he shsould'nt be doing that in the 1st place though.

remember john hayes blatant punch to julian whites face? off the ball in open play? no citing there - and julian didnt even reacts... good boy julian :oP
LadyRugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LadyRugger »

Mr_Ben wrote:the way i saw it:

ref awarded a penalty and decided that Geordan was going in the bin for the offence.
He made it clear that he was doing this yet Jones insisted on trying to take a quick tap penalty.
Unsurpisingly Harry and at least 1 other player didn't wait for the ref to stop play and tackled him.
Jones ended up stood on the leg that Harry had hold of and attempted to kick Harry in order to get him to let go.
If that's the way it was, and since nothing has happened because of it, they may have shaken hands at a later time on the pitch or off it and said no harm done. Or, if Harry didn't look seriously hurt, he may have just ignored it and thought nothing of it.
I need a hero, I'm holding our for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight - I neeeeeeed one!!!
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

I think Wales would be certifiably insane to have Stephen Jones as first choice fly-half if Hook is available, but I don't think that makes him a bad player. Jones has developed a new stroppiness over the last couple of seasons, but it might be a little premature to castigate him on his own, when we saw some pretty nasty stuff from Saints
Turkish
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Turkish »

FACT: Stephen Jones didn't kick anyone in the head or anywhere else.

FACT: He should't get cited. If he does, it sets a massive precedence as far as "intent" is concerned.
SCARLETS
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

Well he's a very lucky boy then.