Rowntree return?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Turkish
Top Cat
Top Cat

Rowntree return?

Post by Turkish »

Is it true he, who never wore a scrum cap has been asked to return to the squad for saturday?

Or is it all part of the gameplan by Pat Howard?
SCARLETS
Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

Could be true - noticed he was in the development team replacements on Monday and was wondering whether he may be in the squad for the Bristol game given our current shortage of props to cover for 3 games in a week.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

If thats true it is the first we have heard of it! Castrogiovanni and Ayerza are out as we know, assuming Marcos' appeal fails. Our props as such would be two from Holford, Moreno or White. But then there is Wednesday night against Bristol to consider... it isn't out of the question I suppose since I understand he is still registered as a player but he was announced to have played his last game in February. I doubt it, but am left scratching my head as to who starts in the front row on Wednesday.
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

I'm sure its Tuesday & not Wednesday :o?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Sorry, my bad!
Turkish
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Turkish »

ah, here we go:

from The TimesOnline:

At the moment, Ayerza’s suspension, for punching Rémy Martin during the Heineken Cup quarter-final against Stade Français, rules him out until April 30, leaving Julian White, Michael Holford and Alex Moreno to hold the fort, though Leicester have recalled the Scot, David Young, from Edinburgh, where he was on loan. Speculation that Graham Rowntree, the former England prop who retired last summer and is now on the club’s coaching staff, could be called upon, is likely to fall prey to registration issues.

and Paul Burke is out apparently:

Leicester will also be without Paul Burke this weekend after the knee injury that forced the fly half off during the thrilling cup final win over the Ospreys.
SCARLETS
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

im pretty sure if rowntree is on the bench against you - he wont come on, but he may play against bris.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Rowntree isn't in our Heineken Cup squad, but he is still in our Premiership one.

Therefore he is not eligible to play on Saturday, but would be eligible to play against Bristol if necessary.
Turkish
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Turkish »

do you not get special dispensation if a certain number of front rowers are injured from your squad?

I suppose it depends on how many you have in the first place. Would be great to see him play though.
SCARLETS
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

The times article also mentions that Burke is not available due to the knee injury he got against the Ospreys.

On a more positive note it also says that Lewis Moody is fit and that Seru has recovered so is available too.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I'll believe who's fit and who ain't when the team walks out on Saturday......:censored: mind games if you ask me!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

It certainly makes you wonder, Big Dai. :o? :shock:
shareholder
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by shareholder »

Why cant we play CABBAGE at prop he is a front row man the only thing wrong with his game of late has been throwing in at line out.
old fart
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

shareholder wrote:Why cant we play CABBAGE at prop he is a front row man the only thing wrong with his game of late has been throwing in at line out.
because the technicalitys of prop to hooker asnd vice versa cannot be taught in a week.

By the way, you said you knew who the new coach was... and even loffredda hasnt been signed now... so please enlighten us as to what went wrong.
watso2c
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by watso2c »

If you don't have enough healthy hookers/props at the start of a game do you forfeit or just have uncontested scrums from the start?
Chris