The pond

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

The pond

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

I thought I'd create a nice little virtual pond here on our forum. It's a delightful place, lovely calm clear water, some nice trees casting shade over the seating areas.

It is a fine place indeed for a spot of fishing. So can I suggest our 'guests' make use of it and fish to their hearts content. That way I'll know which thread to just ignore.

I thank you.....
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

:whip:
It's the nearest thing we've got to a fishing line in the emoticons :purple:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

We've only had the few pond lifers post on this forum, there's a lot of them on here from across the valleys me duck .......... :lol:
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

Rizzo wrote::whip:
It's the nearest thing we've got to a fishing line in the emoticons :purple:
I was just getting excited at the thought of a whip in the shade under Spike's tree ... and then you went and spoilt it all :oops:
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Ah! A pond! But it could be a lake? With sheep grazing on the shores. And the slag heaps in the background. Very restful. Peaceful even.

And could the gentle ducks floating peacefully on the surface be other than Tigers supporters?

Ah me!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Nik wrote:We've only had the few pond lifers post on this forum, there's a lot of them on here from across the valleys me duck .......... :lol:
Now Listen! There's no need to be disrespectful to the valleys! 'specially as some of us exiles live there. Ducks also live on ponds! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

hahaha that's me a duck me duck hahaha
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

BelperJon wrote:Sorry guys but shouldn't this be on the Chit Chat forum? Unless I'm being really dumb, I fail to see the rugby connection.
BJ ..... I think this is where the:

Scarlets / Ospreys / Tigers / our fans are
rubbish / better than you / the best / God
type posts go.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

BJ, DW is correct in what he wrote. I started this in an effort to get all the 'fishing' posts in one place or at least pass comment on what they are. You are however correct in that it is not rugby related in the least and neither are the 'the you shouted, no we didn't, he's behind you, etc, etc' posts which have become standard before and after the big games.

I'm happy if it has served it's propose that it is locked (and would hope the same could be none with similar fishing pastime type threads - hopefully with extreme clinical finishing - please.)

I enjoy the banter but over the last day or so this has from a number of sources descended to school yard type behaviour and is making the forum not the place it once was. Again just my opinion and before anyone starts I believe other teams fans make for interesting debate but only if we stick to discussing the Rugby and lets face it their was plenty of quality rugby played which we can chat about.

Anyway now off to be distracted by the day job.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.