Scarlets can Tame Tigers - Davies

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mid Lander

Scarlets can Tame Tigers - Davies

Post by Mid Lander »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/6555819.stm

This is probably the hardest game of our season yet, and I think he has a point about our second half but to be honest we didn't even send out our strongest possible squad.

I think if we perform the way we did against munster, we will have a chance.

What do you guys rekon?
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

GAME ON SATURDAY

Post by smalldell »

Undoubtedly Scarlets will be favourites but if we are to win we will have to hit them hard and pin them back. Expect to see us kicking long in an attempt to keep them under control and looking to use Tualigi and Hipkiss to break their line. Given that defence might be the key expect Ranbini and Moody to return and GM at full back.

Forwards could be problematic as injuries to Castro and potentially Moody might tretch us. Also think we have focus on this game at the expense of the Bristol game...
Stuart A
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Stuart A »

I think we will have more than a chance!

Whilst you cannot always draw a direct paralell, it is worth noting where Sacrlets are in the Magners League. It may not be a great benchmark (look at Munster's position as well!), but if they were consistently that good,surely they would be higher up?

We didn't play what would arguably be our first XV yesterday. If we factor Moody, Murphy, Rabeni and Humphreys, and hopefully a fit Castro in, then I think we have too much all round pace and power for the Scarlets.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that Saturday will be a HUGE test, but we must continue to BELIEVE.

This is our year.
Tigers; Number One Club Side in the World
APM16

You're not singing any more

Post by APM16 »

Looking forward to Llanelli match - the Welsh singing 8o) prematch should ensure a cracking atmosphere. The only way to silence them is to make sure we build a decent lead(remember how quiet they went after Stimmo's winning penalty at the City Ground :mr.green: ). Hope they quieten down a lot earlier than our previous semi-final against them (just like the Cardiff supporters at the Millenium Stadium).

With our current try scoring rate who dares accuse us of being boring -'boring boring Leicester Tigers' ;o) anyone?
PlymouthPaul

Post by PlymouthPaul »

Davies is bound to say that. I think maybe we were complacent after a runaway first half and that is unlikely to happen again. We also changed it around in the second half which didn't really help matters. All our games will be tough and victories will be hard fought out.

Outside of Leicester and the exiles, no one really wants Tigers to win anyway. Who cares lets rub their faces in the mud. :evil: :evil: :evil:
AND THE TIGERS ARE GETTING HUNGRY....
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

I believe Mr Davies said Ospreys would win yesterday prior to the match........

On that basis I'll be reaching for the pinch of salt to go with his opinion.

Every-one is entitled to their own opinion and I have my view and in my view no one else's opinion matters, Tigers WILL win. Nuff said.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Heard it all before ! Munster, then Ospreys and now Llanelli !! I respect the Scarlets and they play some superb rugby at times, but are definately beatable. Their off-loading, fast attacking style is great to watch - but so is our style of play. As the Ospreys found out, you can't play this game when you haven't got the ball and you make ONE error, and you pay for it. If, and its a big if, the Scarlets play to their potential and make no mistakes at all, then they have a great chance against us, but they also have to stop our backline and our forwards - if they manage to do that, then fair play to them and they will have deserved it. Easier said than done though ! If we lose, it won't be by many.
Mid Lander

Post by Mid Lander »

I know, I think Davies wants the Tigers more than anything else.

I think we have a different mentality towards this game also, that we haven't had in previous seasons. We really need to get more intense, even more so than the stade game.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: GAME ON SATURDAY

Post by kevf »

smalldell wrote:Undoubtedly Scarlets will be favourites .
why?
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Well here is a point to Davies words - that was not Tigers strongest team
Humphreys wasn't in there,
Ayerza even though he was banned he would have played I think.
Ollie wasn't in there saw him after the game and his plaster is coming off today and he is hoping to play vs. Bristol.
Geordan Murphy that game would have suited him perefectly gaps appearing and a nice fast tempo.
Seru Rabeni he wasn't in there and would have battered his way through the Ospreys defence.
Lewis Moodyanother player who would have loved to be playing in tha kind of game.

So we were resting/missing 6 key players so I don't know how Davies can say that. Typical Welsh man really.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Scarletpower
Tiger Cub

Post by Scarletpower »

You can only play 15 mind??
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Scarletpower wrote:You can only play 15 mind??
yes but when you have two and half teams of 15 that are capabale of beating the majority of teams its nice...

I don;'t think that was our strongest 15 out ... but we will find out at the weekend
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

The only certain first choice players who were missing were Moody, Hump or Goode (still some debate) and Geordan.

Louis Deacon ahead of Kay is arguable, as is Smith ahead of Hipkiss/Gibson and Rabeni ahead of Varndell. But in none of those positions was the man who played any less of a regular starter than the man who could have replaced him.

That Tigers side was almost totally full strength. About as full strength as the Ospreys side missing Tandy and Henson.
WickWelsh
Tiger Cub

Post by WickWelsh »

Stuart A wrote:I think we will have more than a chance!

Whilst you cannot always draw a direct paralell, it is worth noting where Sacrlets are in the Magners League. It may not be a great benchmark (look at Munster's position as well!), but if they were consistently that good,surely they would be higher up?

We didn't play what would arguably be our first XV yesterday. If we factor Moody, Murphy, Rabeni and Humphreys, and hopefully a fit Castro in, then I think we have too much all round pace and power for the Scarlets.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that Saturday will be a HUGE test, but we must continue to BELIEVE.

This is our year.
The ML is a poor yardstick. There are too many games played between 2nd teams. Oh! and all our remaining games are at home where we haven't lost for 18 months or so.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Of course we have a good chance. We may struggle without Ayerza or Castro though, that would be my concern. No disrespect to Mike Holford or Alex Moreno, they are very good players but you need your best XV for a game like this.