How bias is the BBC?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

triage

Post by triage »

Big Dai wrote:
triage wrote:
Bunchy wrote:My main problem is that pointless woman ( she is so pointless I cannot be bothered to remember her name ) who is just cringworthy and embarrassing.
there is (alas) a more pointless person than that woman....that is andy nichol (although it is her who interviews him). Is he the most depressing man in the world or what?
......According to Butler they were one and the same person at one point! Nuff said!

dont get me started on butler......i never thought he should have played for wales and i have never liked him commentating...aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!111111111one oneoneoneone
i don't know what it is but is drivel ramblings drive me insane...gawd knows what you guys think of us after he has been commentating.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein 1879-1955
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

.......See comments further up triage! At least he's not a local in YOUR pub!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Lux Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Lux Tiger »

Butler and Moore are bit like Laurel and Hardy really!

...and I must admit I do find them entertaining... esp. Moore (Butler playing the straight guy of the comic duo). Moores banter is just hilarious.

Whoever had the idea of giving that comic the right to name the Man of the Match? Remember the Ellis/Wilkinson debacle? Brian Moore likes to try to impress us with his knowledge of the game.

Yet I remember a game when he played for England against Wales and he was awarded a free kick. As everyone got behind the man, Moore put the ball on the ground while he turned to talk tactics with his team. I started to scream at the TV. Neil Jenkins rushed onto the ball at Moores feet. Moore looked down at him as if to say " what's your game?" ...and England lost possession thanks to Moore's lack of knowledge of the game. ..and at International level!!

I do miss Bill McClaren, but Laurel and Hardy are starting to grow on me. Probably for all the wrong reasons but IMHO it's better than having Nigel Starmer-Smith.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

I'm amazed that no-one has mentioned Jonathan Davies.
I have watched many Tigers games with him commenting and our good points are always watered down and came about through the other sides errors.
He bristles with dislike of the Tigers.

IMO the Sky team are head and shoulders better than anyone else.
Jac Tawe

Post by Jac Tawe »

For what it's worth, Butler isn't well liked in Wales, due to his love of all things English! I even went in the RFU store to buy a copy of "How a Welshman can become so biast to the English", by Eddie Buttler Just goes to prove, he can't win!

Just to have my tuppenceworth on another thread, I thought the atmosphere was amazing, and met some very decent Tiger supporters (apart from one, but that happens with every team in every sport, I'm sorry that some of you didn't like us, as far as I could see everybody was having fun together. The booing of Swing Low, was harmless fun, as the Leicester supporters around us appreciated, because it was in no way loutish disrespect. If anything it was because we respect it as a hounting/rousing song the the English national team.
But there we are, some people don't know the meaning of harmless fun and friendly banter, and I feel sorry for those people, because that's what makes the atmosphere at rugby so unique.
Thank you Leicester for a great day out, a great game, a great atmosphere and for providing us the chance to meet decent, fun loving Leicester supporters!
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

fair enough, but let's face it, do Welsh supporters need to boo someone elses song when they can just sing their own, probably a lot louder, in response? It's probably not even that it was viewed as loutish, just unnecessary.
Turkish
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Turkish »

Moose wrote:fair enough, but let's face it, do Welsh supporters need to boo someone elses song when they can just sing their own, probably a lot louder, in response? It's probably not even that it was viewed as loutish, just unnecessary.
God forbid you ever watch a rugby match in New Zealand or South Africa. You'll have a rather difficult time telling everybody to stop booing.

I dont condone it. I've never booed a kicker and never will, but its really not worth getting this uptight about is it?
SCARLETS