Hidden Agenda.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

B4ecause people in high places feel it necessary to play silly power games and belive that they control destiny!!
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

people in silly high places deserve to be shot so there not so high no more
Come on you tigers!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Shooting may be a little extreme. But I would agree that Mr.s Baron and Thomas should be removed from office. They have brought the game into disrepute.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Shouldn't that read " Baron and Thomas should be removed from their ORIFACES"? :roll: :roll:
Luke
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luke »

I can only presume they used to work in marketing with the number of crazy ideas they come up with.

Reducing the Premiership to 8 teams, getting rid off relegation, setting up franchises, etc etc...

If for one moment they thought about the game of rugby rather than the national team then they might actually come up with some decent suggestions.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Luke wrote:I can only presume they used to work in marketing with the number of crazy ideas they come up with.

Reducing the Premiership to 8 teams, getting rid off relegation, setting up franchises, etc etc...

If for one moment they thought about the game of rugby rather than the national team then they might actually come up with some decent suggestions.
I'm no apologist for the RFU ... but I think you will find that 'getting rid of relegation' was not an RFU idea !
A_Magna_Malc

Hidden Agenda.

Post by A_Magna_Malc »

Hi forum, Malc's 1st post so if text garbled pls understand.
-
I have been musing over
1) the date of World Cup final (Oct 20th),
2) the fact that players were urged to rest after previous tours - which if applied this time would delay return of many players (and remember how ineffective the 2003 winners were for about a month, until after Christmas)and
3) the French have delayed start of 2007/8 season until after the World Cup.
-
So is the English clubs' strategy to
4) eliminate the H-Cup for next season, delay the start of English season by the number of weekends normally allocated to H-Cup and
5) play a revised EDF cup with 12 sides as in last 2 years but between top 3 clubs in England and France, top 2 from Wales and Ireland and 1 from Italy and Scotland.
-
Any ideas?
Malc
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Won't fly. RFU run EDF Cup. Likely no EDF Cup next year.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

The EDF Cup is not RFU run Bill. It's a joint arrangement between the WRU, PRL & RFU.

It will also continue next season & both home matches in the EDF Cup will be included in the season ticket for next season, unlike the HC games. 07/08 ST packs should be going out in the next week or two and will include the Premiership & EDF games only. Heinenken Cup games (or games for a replacement tournament if one is created) will be sold as an optional bolt-on package to ST holders at pro-rata prices dependent on the number of guaranteed games in the European competition once details are confirmed.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I admmire your confidence Dave Angel. The fact that someone at Tigers has sent some material to the printers will not IMHO influence the RFU, WRU and IRB.

From Syd Millers utterences the most likely outcome, again IMHO, is that the French and English Clubs are expelled from the Unions.
StamfordTiger

Post by StamfordTiger »

it seems a little premature that we are sending out any season ticket stuff with this issue still un resolved. it sounds to me like we're at a stalemate in discussions and that someone will blink first. Possibly the clubs?
Tuilagi is nails!

:pint:

http://tinyurl.com/2stxl4
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I am not going to hold my breath waiting for either side to blink.

I think the RFU will continue to go down an even harsher line believing that they have IRB support and support of the other unions (except France).

There was an article in todays Telgraph highlighting how, following New Zealand withdrawing its internations from the early Super 1 games TV audiences for the super 14 were well down. That will not amuse Mr. Murdoch. He will also not be amused by the French and English putting in second rate teams.

Normally when Mr. Murdoch is not amused he does something fairly decisive - remember Wapping?