Signings...

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

littlescoey_999

Signings...

Post by littlescoey_999 »

hi,
i have been a tigers fan for a few years now.
Thought i would join up to talk to some feelow fans!
wounderd wether or not there was any more news on signings?
i no we have
mauger,
erinle,
herring,
???[/quote][/i]
scoey!

Theres only one Lewis moody :)
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Herrings on trial.

We also have Stankovich signed.

Although there were rumours of Parisse, Del Fava, Hernandez etc joining us the first two have signed new contracts with their clubs and no news on Hernandez. Maybe happen if Loffreda become our coach?
chandler262827
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chandler262827 »

There's Richard Blaze as well.

http://www.wrfc.co.uk/179_63.php
---------
I'm not completely worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Tom
littlescoey_999

Post by littlescoey_999 »

ah right cheers guys :oD
scoey!

Theres only one Lewis moody :)
TwentyTwo

Post by TwentyTwo »

Juan Martin Hernandez a signed a contract with Stade Français last year, and he's bound for two more seasons. French rugby newspapers reported a 480,000£ offer by Leicester. Stade's president Max Guazzini will not let Hernandez leave, except if Stade gets an insane price from it (680,000£).

I don't know if those prices are per year or spans over several years, but it is huge. Anyway, I really don't think that Hernandez will join Tigers before the end of his contract with Stade, even with Loffreda's presence.
Christophe, Stade Français fan.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

stade have always said they will never stand in the way of a player who wants to leave - so i hope they stick to their word :oP .
TwentyTwo

Post by TwentyTwo »

kornboy130 wrote:stade have always said they will never stand in the way of a player who wants to leave - so i hope they stick to their word :oP .
Well that's true, but for the moment Hernandez has not stated he wanted to leave in an explicit way. His wish is to play n°10, and he knows it's going to be hard, playing for Stade (with Skrela and Beauxis). But he knows he is not going to play n°10 for Argentina anytime soon, and that he's still going to be a n°15 for a while.

The dilemma is always the same. If you have the best fullback in the world, will you let him play fly-half instead ? Even with a gifted guy such as Hernandez, who can play brilliantly from n°10 to n°15, this is a tough question.
Christophe, Stade Français fan.
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

The trouble with a lot of rumoured signings as always at this time of years is agents and players giving hints they may move to a big club such as Leicester when they have no intention to do so, they only want and get increased contracts at there own clubs!

Treat a lot of rumours especially for those playing at French clubs with no salary cap with a pinch of salt.
Come on Tigers!!!