Walkers Stadium

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

FoxFanatic

Walkers Stadium

Post by FoxFanatic »

Hi everyone, I'm a Leicester City fan, and I was wondering how you guys feel about playing at The Walkers, and what your thoughts would have been if the ground-share went ahead. Good Luck for the match! :oD
Headers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Headers »

Sorry do not want to ground share i find Walkers stadium soul less we are to far away from the pitch and we as you have no luck there you should ground share with us you may win a game LOL ;o)
is growing bonsai a big thing
FoxFanatic

Post by FoxFanatic »

pbanks792 wrote:Hi Fox :oD Welcome to the forum! Think feelings are mixed re Walkers ;o) Personally I would just like to see Tigers win a match there :oD Thanks for your good wishes. Things have gone very quiet on the redevelopment/ground share thing, so guess we will just have to wait and see.
it'll take more than that to get us winning! thanks for your thoughts
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Firstly welcome to the forum FF.

Personally I'd rather we stayed at WR and if possible develop it. I've only been to the Walkers once (for our game against Bath) and whilst it is a fantastic structure I have to say I didn't feel part of the match. This is something you do feel at WR, you are that close to the pitch that I swear at times you can feel the impact of the tackles, etc.
It's weird that given that both stadiums are in essence a field with a load of seats around it, that they feel so very different. From the moment I walked into the Walkers I just didn't like it. It doesn't feel like home and WR does.

Really hope you can get your season back to how you want it.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

i think the walkers is no different to the multitude of new stadiums up and down the country. It is terriffic in terms of new facilities, but lacking the history and feel of an older ground or site.

Also i think there is a difference between a reveloped stadium and a brand new site stadium (eg. Cardiff, Dublin, Twickenham, Wembley, Old Trafford etc..maybe welford Road (?)). At least by redeveloping you keep the original site / pitch were so much of the history has been made. You can still go to the same pubs and park in the same spot !

I think the grounds that are purely functionally developed on 'cheap' empty industrial land / site lose out in every aspect.
Ninefoot

Post by Ninefoot »

Having been to the Walkers for both of the two previous games it definately lacks the atmosphere of Welford Road (especially the terrace last Sunday afternoon!) :oD

Lets hope it's third time lucky for Tigers on the 21st April.

:roll:
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

I dont like it as a rugby ground.

It was designed specifically for football and this reflects in the lack of access to bars, players etc.

It is a bit of a souless concrete lump to me.

Rugby grounds need to be more condusive to large crowds milling about pre and post match, chatting, drinking etc.

The playing surface is far too wide for our rugby too. Lets hope we can have the lines repainted this year! Surely was our downfall against Toulouse
Come on Tigers!!!
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

I would just like Tigers to beat the Scarlets and then beat Wasps or aints in the final. Just winning a trophy this season would be a great.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
HongKongTiger

Post by HongKongTiger »

Having been to the Bath match last season I found it so different to Welford Road. Despite the best efforts of the fans it never felt right. Let's hope we can bury the jinx. :shock:
The South Stand Rocks !
:smt038
FoxFanatic

Post by FoxFanatic »

Thanks for all your feedback guys, but surely its the people inside the stadium create the soul and atmosphere, not the stadium itself?
LadyRugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LadyRugger »

Fanatic fox, introduce yourself in the new members forum! :oD
I need a hero, I'm holding our for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight - I neeeeeeed one!!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I can't honestly say I particularly like the Walkers but if the game is there, then there I will go - and shout!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

my thoughts are...hope its third time lucky!! :yay:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Agree Redtiger.

Also, don't forget your dusters, so you can dust the seats that haven't been used since the last time Tigers played there. :oP