Well done Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

both sides could have played better for sure, but a class game, brilliant weather and a nice free flag for me to strap to my car on the way to twickers in two weeks woo hooo :lol:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
StadeFan

Post by StadeFan »

Hello fans !!
I'm one of the stade's fans who were at welfoard stadium for the match.
Congratulations for your victory.It was a great match, very difficult for my heart !!

A lot of us were very very sad yesterday at the end of the match, particulary thanks to all the tiger's fans who came to fortify me and the others stade's fans.

Now you have to win the cup because i would like that ma team had been bitten by the best team of the Hcup.

Thanks again for your reception, thanks to be so kind, so rugby !!
(sorry for my english)
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

StadeFan wrote:Hello fans !!
I'm one of the stade's fans who were at welfoard stadium for the match.
Congratulations for your victory.It was a great match, very difficult for my heart !!

A lot of us were very very sad yesterday at the end of the match, particulary thanks to all the tiger's fans who came to fortify me and the others stade's fans.

Now you have to win the cup because i would like that ma team had been bitten by the best team of the Hcup.

Thanks again for your reception, thanks to be so kind, so rugby !!
(sorry for my english)
Good moaning ;o) I'm sure we will do our very best to win the Heineken Cup this year.

Thanks to Stade for a VERY exciting game, I am just getting my voice back from yesterday's game :lol:
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Welcome Stade Fan, and your English is very good!

Stade fans did their team proud with their support, and were sporting and friendly in defeat. One of our gang went home with a Stade flag he swapped for his Tigers flag as a souvenir.

Another indication of the spirit of rugby.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Yes welcome indeed SF, your english is vastly better than my french.

Sadly I had to watch from afar yesterday as I had the opportunity to watch the mini-est spike play rugby (the first time in the 4 years he's played - i'm normally stuck with the mini spike).

Have to say my heart rate wasn't great and I did have to go and apologise to the neighbours after the final whistle as I think I made more noise that when thatdrop goal went over in 2003.

You could see how much it meant to the players / supporters and i really did feel for the stade supporters.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Just wanted to say well done to Tigers...all of the bars in Cyprus where we are were showing Spurs football so couldn't get a place who was showing it...however, the mobile phone kept me updated !! Sounded like an amazing game. I've got the internet in the local taverna to keep me up-to-date with what is going on....its been 22 degrees today...not a cloud in the sky.almost makes up for not being at Welford Road yesterday !!!
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

westwinds31 wrote:Just wanted to say well done to Tigers...all of the bars in Cyprus where we are were showing Spurs football so couldn't get a place who was showing it...however, the mobile phone kept me updated !! Sounded like an amazing game. I've got the internet in the local taverna to keep me up-to-date with what is going on....its been 22 degrees today...not a cloud in the sky.almost makes up for not being at Welford Road yesterday !!!
Only 6 degrees above Welford Road, it was a sparkling sunny Spring day. Nothing better than watching Tigers win in shirt-sleeves for once. :buddies:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

What a fantastic match and performance by both teams. It was a pity there had to be a loser but what a high quality match! I expect that the Tigers will go on to win the HEC now. Had they been beaten I would expect that SF would go on to win the competition. Both teams are that good.
popnoodle
Tiger Cub

Post by popnoodle »

It sure is gonna be a hard match against the scarlets, but best of luck for TIGERSCome On!
Just Me.. :halo: x.
TwentyTwo

Post by TwentyTwo »

Hello guys,

well, I think I couldn't post here sooner. Needed time to recover from that fantastic week-end. It ended for us in a cruel way, but still I'm proud of that game we played that Sunday.
Galthié said he cound't have asked more from his players, and so do I. I just feel sad for fantastic guys like Pichot, Auradou, De Villiers or Dominici, since they will probably never win this cup.

This was the most tremendous rugby game I've seen this year (except France-All Blacks in Paris), with incredible commitment from both side. So many tackles, so few fouls... I could feel the ground shaking during scrums, feel the impacts...

As supporters, we gave everything. Some of us sang and shouted until they were close to faint. Our pals at the drums had nasty blisters on their hands and couldn't feel their arms. Our voices were broken and our throats were aching. When "Momo" Blin fumbled the very last ball, and the ref whistled, and stretched his arm out in your direction, we broke into tears.

For more than two months, we have been expecting this game. We have been waiting anxiously, seeing key players like Marconnet, Szarzewski, Auradou or Mauro Bergamasco being ruled out. Roncero and Martin were back for a little boost of hope.

We gave everything... maybe some people thought we would go quiet with this first try just in front of us just after two minutes. No way. We knew our players could make it, and we exploited every moment of silence Tigers' fan leaved us. But it wasn't enough.

I'm sad, but not that bitter. I'm prouder of our players than I've ever been. I just feel terribly sad.
Hopefully, we lost to an impressive team that truly deserved its victory. No foul play. No nasty invalid try. No blatant refereeing mistake. No regrets for our commitment.
This was an awesome game, but there can only be one winner. I just feel broken that once again, things didn't end up in our favor.

I'd like to thank you people for your warm welcome, and your support right after the match, when we were feeling lost in despair. Good luck for the semi-final against Llanelli, and see you later ;)
Christophe, Stade Français fan.
fatbast

Post by fatbast »

I can't help but feel incredibly proud of the relationships that form between differing sets of fans at times like these, the Stade fans were a credit to their team and thier club and i'm sure i speak for all Tigers fans when i say that we look forward to welcoming you boys back to see us again, you guys helped make the atmosphere sparkle and this weekend will be talked about in these parts for years to come, in a way it's a pity there had to be a winner because the spirit shown on and off the pitch was fantasitc, this is why we love this game!
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

TwentyTwo wrote:Hello guys,

well, I think I couldn't post here sooner. Needed time to recover from that fantastic week-end. It ended for us in a cruel way, but still I'm proud of that game we played that Sunday.
Galthié said he cound't have asked more from his players, and so do I. I just feel sad for fantastic guys like Pichot, Auradou, De Villiers or Dominici, since they will probably never win this cup.

This was the most tremendous rugby game I've seen this year (except France-All Blacks in Paris), with incredible commitment from both side. So many tackles, so few fouls... I could feel the ground shaking during scrums, feel the impacts...

As supporters, we gave everything. Some of us sang and shouted until they were close to faint. Our pals at the drums had nasty blisters on their hands and couldn't feel their arms. Our voices were broken and our throats were aching. When "Momo" Blin fumbled the very last ball, and the ref whistled, and stretched his arm out in your direction, we broke into tears.

For more than two months, we have been expecting this game. We have been waiting anxiously, seeing key players like Marconnet, Szarzewski, Auradou or Mauro Bergamasco being ruled out. Roncero and Martin were back for a little boost of hope.

We gave everything... maybe some people thought we would go quiet with this first try just in front of us just after two minutes. No way. We knew our players could make it, and we exploited every moment of silence Tigers' fan leaved us. But it wasn't enough.

I'm sad, but not that bitter. I'm prouder of our players than I've ever been. I just feel terribly sad.
Hopefully, we lost to an impressive team that truly deserved its victory. No foul play. No nasty invalid try. No blatant refereeing mistake. No regrets for our commitment.
This was an awesome game, but there can only be one winner. I just feel broken that once again, things didn't end up in our favor.

I'd like to thank you people for your warm welcome, and your support right after the match, when we were feeling lost in despair. Good luck for the semi-final against Llanelli, and see you later ;)
What a great post ! Says it all. :thumb:
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

BelperJon wrote:
SPIKE@srufc wrote:Sadly I had to watch from afar yesterday as I had the opportunity to watch the mini-est spike play rugby (the first time in the 4 years he's played - i'm normally stuck with the mini spike).
How many Spikelets are there? Are you sure your surname isn't Tuilagi? ;o)
Just the 2! I think Mrs Spike would be a very happy lady if the surname was Tuilagi!! ;o)
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

I saw the first half but a great result, don't think my heart would have coped in the second!

I hope they can go on and win the HC yet again.

WELL DONE TIGERS
:mr.green: :oD
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/