Team for tomorrow - Burke ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Team for tomorrow - Burke ?

Post by westwinds31 »

Looks good on paper, but Burke ? ....interesting choice and it will be good to see if Mr "consitency" goes well. Cozza, Harry and Lewis Moody all back.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Careful, West, the politically correct police may be on to you!! ;o) ;o) Only Kidding!!

Good to see Cozza, Harry and Lewis in. One or two debatable decisions for some though.

Why was Julian playing last week for England if he had an injury or did he get that during the match?
Worcester Tiger

Post by Worcester Tiger »

Strong tigers side but i have reservations about Burke and Holford.

The Sale team is quite strong as well but think Larrachea could be a weak link?!......

Sale Sharks have announced their team for tomorrow’s EDF Energy Cup Semi Final against Leicester Tigers at the Millennium Stadium. The only doubt is over Mark Cueto has a slight calf strain but he is expected to play

Team Julien Laharrague, Mark Cueto/Oriol Ripol, Elvis Seveali’I, Chris Bell, Jason Robinson (Captain), Daniel Larrechea, Richard Wigglesworth, Andrew Sheridan, Sebastien Bruno, Stuart Turner, Chris Jones, Dean Schofield, JM Fernandez Lobbe, Magnus Lund, Sebastien Chabal

Replacements Andy Titterrell, Eifion Roberts, Ben Evans, Ignacio Fernandez Lobbe, Ben Foden, Chris Mayor/Oriol Ripol, Lee Thomas/Rhys Jones
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm not a Burke basher but I am surprised at him being first chouce for this match.

PH's comments suggest he's only in because he played in the group games.

No worries at all about the rest of the side though.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

the sale side looks stronger than i thought it might...i might watch this one on the tv after all.

as for burke, i guess tomorrow is a big chance for him to silence his critics. no pressure, then. ;o)
rugbylegin22
Tiger Cub

Post by rugbylegin22 »

burke at fly half tomorrow. hope pat knows what he's doing cause i haven't seen anything from burke this season to suggest he should have the shirt.

If we lose another big game then ph will have serious questions to answer about this selection.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

How big's the Millenium Stadium pitch? If Burke can only kick 10 inches on WR tiny pitch he's only going to make about 2 on that one then. If it was the choice between Goode and Burke then I'd have gone for Goode at least he can kick the pens and conversions a lot better than Burke can.

We'll see tomorrow if that was another of Howards crazy decisions.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Burke held up Bath over the line after Holford and 6 others had held the 8 Bath forwards in the 5 yard scrummage preceding it - Just a thought!

- I shall be fascinated by the Holford v Sheridan contest - Sheridan is usually very good at bullying weak oppositiion but looks a bit carp when confronted by a half decent prop - we will see from this hoew far Michaels improvement has come.

Also good to see Marcos in the team as I thought he looked like he had crocked a quad in the Bath gamme
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Burke eh? Well at least fly-half isn't the key position on the field :roll:

Interesting to see Varndell in for Rabeni too. Lets hope he's learnt from his Twickenham showing in last year's Premiership Final. If he has, he could be just a bit too quick for the Sale wingers. If not...
It's only cheating if you get caught.
WilfMan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WilfMan »

Does anyone know if the game is on TV if soo what channel :?:
-
"Forwards decide who win the game, Backs decide by how much"
-
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

Its on the BBC.
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
APM16

Post by APM16 »

Live on BBC 2:15pm - 4:40pm
WilfMan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WilfMan »

ah thats excellent thanks. :oD
-
"Forwards decide who win the game, Backs decide by how much"
-
Luke
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luke »

I am not a fan of Paul Burke, I think he offers nothing in an attacking sense, his kicking range is tiny and his defense is non existent.

However, tomorrow is his chance to show what he can do on the big stage. He was brought in because he is experienced, so this is it for him.

The Sale side looks very strong, I think their front row may get the squeeze on ours, but I've got to keep the faith and say a Tigers win on the grounds that neither team has a particularly strong kicker out and we are in good try scoring form at the moment.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

g wrote:How big's the Millenium Stadium pitch? If Burke can only kick 10 inches on WR tiny pitch he's only going to make about 2 on that one then. If it was the choice between Goode and Burke then I'd have gone for Goode at least he can kick the pens and conversions a lot better than Burke can.

We'll see tomorrow if that was another of Howards crazy decisions.
I predict that Goode will come on before the end.

Its always a shame that some players aren't available, but that's life, so I am happy with the team bar OH. Maybe Pat already has it in his mind to give Goode the second half (he can be quite useful when he has been overlooked for the starting role) ?