All Wasps Back Row

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sideshow
Tiger Cub

All Wasps Back Row

Post by Sideshow »

It's just been announced Easter is out of the game on Saturday meaning a call up for Haskell, with Joe Worsley moving to number 8.

http://msnsport.skysports.com/list.aspx ... in+Cardiff
www.bartonrugby.com
2007/08 League Champions
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

Worsley at 8?? Does he ever play there? How about playing a player that regularly plays 8 and is in the england team, say Corry perhaps, and then play a proper lock too (no disrepect meant to Corry).
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

Damn, someone posted before me!

http://tinyurl.com/2nzoj2
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Guess Mr Dallaglio's got a wry smile on his face. An all Wasps back row and he's nowhere near the squad.

Moving Corry to eight would have been the obvious move, so Ashton must be absolutely convinced lock is the best position for him.

Brave selection again. I questioned it last week and we beat the French, so I know nothing! Good to see some young forwards getting a chance. Good luck to 'em!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

He doesn't play there all that often as I am led to believe, but I actually quite like him in that position.

Let's face it, you always know what you are going to get with Joe, good hard graft and effort for the full 80 minutes. In recent years I have become more and more impressed by him, so I have no problem with him playing at 8.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

MY only issue with Worsley at 8 is that he has never stepped up as a leader. HE's a grafter, but has always seemed to sit back and be a foot soldier. That's not what an 8 should be and after 50-odd tests it's not what he should be.

He has been slowly stepping up of late. If he steps up and bosses people about. Then he'll be a better player for it.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Good point Kuzza, he is a quiet player, a get down and do it sort of a player, and that is fine in itself. The problem is that there aren't any others in the pack who are the shouting and screaming type.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

I'm sure our good friend Lol will be smiling he's actually going to get a game this week.
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 455667.stm

How is it Wasps Directorate are better at talking up their own players than anybody else?