RUMOUR MILL AND FACT

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

Mickey Mickey Mickey i wish you all the luck this world can bring! Am gonna miss you but cant wait to see u playing in more games!!!!

We have lost someone who was outstanding at the weekend! i have already said this we are buying in too many international players and getting rid of the guys that have come through the leicester system!

Am gonna miss u mickey!!!
x x x
Iain i was also informed of this!
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Hey Karen

Long time no speak how are you?

I'd like to wish Mike all the very best and hope he gets the opportunities he richly deserves. One thing that worries me though Karen :roll: Will you now turn and become a Waspette :shock: Or will you still be paying visits to Tigers next season.

Believe me it really wouldn't suit you wearing yellow and black ;o) :roll: Red, green and white are definitely colours that suit you. :lol:

Anyway will speak to you soon and good luck Mike.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

A Waspette sounds so wimpish compared to a Tigress!!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Thats why I hope Karen stays a Tigress. As she is no wimp. :lol:
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Once a Tigress always a Tigress!!!
wills_#1fan!
Super User
Super User

Post by wills_#1fan! »

Best of luck to you Mikey!

Have a great time and cant wait to see you playing
If we never meet again,
Think of me every now and then!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Pity that Mikey is leaving. :o( :o( :o(

I suppose that I can understand it with people saying he gets limited game time, and in a queue of props. It should however be pointed out that Mike has been involved in 12 games this season. Not bad for someone who isn't considered to be anywhere near first choice forward by some.

I can only think that Wasps are looking to increase their forward strength with some leaving. Otherwise, I would have thought Mike would have been in the same boat there.

Not all that pleased he is ending up at Wasps, but so be it!! :o( :o( ;o)

Karen, I apologise if anything I have said about your son has seemed really bad. It wasn't meant that way.

GOOD LUCK MIKE, HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT WELL AT ADAMS FAMILY PARK!! :oD :oD :oD :oD

WE'LL MISS YOU!!
Luke
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luke »

Always sad to see a local lad leaving. On a personal level good luck, on a team level I'm afraid I can't manage that!

I think too often people take the so called slagging off of players as personal attacks when really they aren't. You have to remember what aspect of the player people are criticising, its their game not them as a person.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

All the best Mikey - do us a favour mate, when training with Dayglo, sneak in a little upper cut for us all please... :lol: No, seriously though, all the best for the future.
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
ALECW

Post by ALECW »

Sorry to hear about your poota probs, it happened to me last year but i had no probs re re registering and unlike me, you seem to know what you are doing with pootas, good luck :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
USED TO BE WESTMIDS ALEC
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Strange one this. I personally never felt Holford had what it took, but good props mature with age and whilst I have NEVER seen him dominate anyone in the scrum I think he could have done a job here.

Modern props need other skills and Holford was starting to look like having them. Either way, fair play for securing a decent move, hopefully it'll be the making of the lad.

Plus as a fabulous bonus he doesn't have to cope with all the highly dubious hype that eminates from this messageboard!

I'm all for local talent, when it's good enough. In my eyes Mike wasn't, but best of luck anyway. As I've said on many occasions it's always a pleasure to see a Leicester lad do well and I hope he proves me wrong like a fair few boys have done this season. Except Paul Burke.
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

I personally never felt Holford had what it took, but good props mature with age and whilst I have NEVER seen him dominate anyone in the scrum I think he could have done a job here.
u haven't obviously been watching at all then, in the dev team he dominated and he has completely killed his opposition when it comes down to it, the sects obviously see him for a brill player.

and from what i have heard Mckeeghan has been a very nice bloke towards our mickey!
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Thats fine, but what matters is whether he could ever make the step up. I dont watch many Dev games because I have a demanding job. I'm sure he destroyed a few blokes in those games but If he couldn't do that then he wouldn't be here.

The question was, could he ever do it at the highest level, I don't believe so. And Geech isn't the messiah, he was very nice to Jeremy 'I relegated Harlequins' Staunton and he isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

As I said before, I'm sure he won't miss the hype.
Nicky
Super User
Super User

Post by Nicky »

good luck mickey and all the best to you and your family from me too ;o)